Elite Medic Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Medic Guide

This guide should be read by above average players who hope to up their game to the next level. The guide applies only to infrantry combat. With this guide i achieve 3:1 k/d ratio most of the time, and always 2:1, theres no reason you cant either.
    Much is taken from my "Medic Tricks Thread".

If you are reading this, you should have confidence using all medic guns.
    I will not write anything about guns.

------------------------------------------------------
    Key settings
    Originally Posted by Ins
    My key setup:

1 = Med pack
    2 = Shock paddles
    3 = Main gun
    4 = Grenade
    5 = Knife
    Middle mouse = Pistol

I kept the weapon keys, as the default settings. You can choose whether to change them or not.

w,a,s,d to move
    Left ctrld or C (or both)= crouch
    Prone = z or f
    Auto run = left shift

Note: You do not have to have this, but it allows your fingers to remain on all movement keys whilst able to press any other key.
    Also if you have several mouse buttons you may want to set things like shock paddles as that.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Rule Number One:

Keep a 360 degree spacial awareness. This means, look all around you, every now and again, you may find a lot of your deaths are from people you do not see. This will minimise those deaths.

Rule Number Two:

Reload your gun if you have less than 20 bullets, make sure you only reload when not fighting enermy.

Rule Number Three:

Bunny hopping is your friend, use it to get around corners, if you do not then you let everyone else have an advantage over you.
    Medic techniques at fighting close/mid range.

1. Always lay medic packs before i fight anyone... if running over 3 medic bags u practically double ya overall health unless they get head shot. However your medic bag and shock paddles are on the same timer. If you spam one, you wont have any of the other avaliable

2. dolphin dive to the side and head shot... Very common trick, you have a major advantage in a fight if you get the last bunny hop in. By relocate you body, you know where the proned enermy is, but they have to guess where you are.

3. Run circles or jump over your opponant and whilst shooting (very close range, good against support)

4. Crouch consistently behind a small wall and pop ur head up to shoot (medic packs at your feet), mix up the time distance between popping you head up. Because your head is a fairly easy head shot if opponant is good. Everytime you lose health, drop some medic packs.

5. when ever you see enemy run, or get hand grenade out or reload or medic pack, chase them and close the distance followed by 2 and 3.

Close Combat Vs other classes.

Medic VS Medic

Lay your medic packs before a fight and fight them anyway, just with your medi packs you wont lose unless you get head shot or fighting g36e, the only gun to defy the laws of nature lol.

Medic VS assault

If they have grenade launcher you must bunny hop past them and take them out before they change gun.
    If they dont use grenade launcher, dolphin dive to the side. (you should win cause you know where they are once you landed, but they have to guess where you land)

Medic VS G3 Assault, dolphin dive to side and pray, you should lose more often than not to a G3.

Medic VS support

If they are prone you must dolphin dive to side, relocate you body.
    Or very close range, bunny hop past them as they prone and shoot whilst running to the side. You have small angle to turn to follow them, they have huge 180 degree angle to follow you.
    Never dive prone as the enermy support dive prone without bunny hop, with luck you may survive that mistake.

Medic VS Sniper

Close gap by running at them, hold medi pack in hand and watch for grenades. Get mid range and start to fire, do not get too close incase claymore. Keep bunny hop, strif crouch (keep your head moving rapidly) and drop emdi pack as you go to prevent a quick pistol kill after being shot. Get close enough and finish enermy off.
    Never follow sniper around any corner, EVER!

Medic VS shot gun

This is engineer or anti tank.
    Just prone very quickly, it is very hard for enermy to 1/2hit kill a prone enermy.
    If very close combat bunny hop/sprint to make distance, even run round corner, then prone and kill.

Medic VS spec ops

Spec ops is just a weakish medi, bunny hop and shoot, you should win with more powerful gun.

---------------------------------------------------------

Reviving

Three different ways to revive.

1) Run over you target and aim your shockers down and revive whilst running. This is less reliable, and far easier if your running over full length of body as more surface area. Much greater suvival rate.

2) Crouch, only ever do this if you r certain to have a lot of time and just want a garenteed revive. I do this when i need a couple of seconds rest lol.

3) Dive prone, ALWAYS keep moving whilst prone, usually sidewards when parallel to the dead team mate. This lowers chance of being sniped whilst reviving. More reliable than running however you become a big target.

If you are focusing on good k/d ratio, only revive your squad leader, or anyone who dies at your feet. If you care more for points, make sure you do not run too close to enermy. Where ever someone died, will mean you are able to be shot when stood in same place.

Note: If many dead around you and your shock paddles freeze from over use, pick up other medic kit and use their shock paddles.

Once shock paddle starts animation to reload, quickly change to gun and change back to shock paddle to skip the animation.

If you can't revive someone because they are stuck in a post etc, throw medpacks at the point where the body is stuck, most the time it will move the body enabling you to revive them.

Grenades

Do not throw grenades unless you know enemy is where you throw. Grenades should not be wasted. However a dead medic with 4 grenades is a wasted medic.

Throw grenades at enemy even if they are fairly close to you and shoot at you. Often use gun instead it depends on the situation. If you feel confident you wont die whilst throwing grenades, then feel free to do so.

When throwing grenades, lie down prone as you release the grenade, this lowers surface area if anyone is shooting at you. It also is very hard for snipers to get head shot. It looks quite cool too.

More enemy, the more likely you should throw grenades.

If jumped by many infrantry that surround you, just drop grenades with right click and run, sometimes with a bit of luck, you kill everyone around you and still survive. This is a last resort though.

--------------------------------------------------------

A quick word on the M16A2, stardard USMC medic/assualt rifle.

Use 3 shot burst mid range, against target who do not see you. A well aimed 3 shot burst is more effective than, random quick single shot bursts.
    If target is prone close range, use 3 shot burst, at mid range, use what feels right, long range you must use the single shot. Click quickly when shooting close range, to keep up with the amount of fire from full auto guns.

---------------------------------------------------------

Not being big headed, but the majority of criticism will be ignored because chances are the people who criticise will be kids trying to boost their post count.

Re: Elite Medic Guide

LOL at the closing statement!

Yeah I mostly new some of this but I didn't know the whole revive thing, where you switch weapons to skip the animation, thnx. Pretty much nailed it on the head though with the help!

Comment

My crouch is Left Shift, not Left Ctrl ;p

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
        A quick word on the M4A1, stardard USMC medic/assualt rifle.
        In bf2 its the M16A2. IRL though, it's the M4A1 or M16A4. Sorry, but I'm just nitpicky.

Comment

The only thing I don't agree with is bunny hopping. In BF2 the jump animation is so slow, when someone bunnyhops it's like a free kill. Especially against snipers, because you drain your fatigue and then you're just stuck in the open without any sprint left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
            My crouch is Left Shift, not Left Ctrl ;p
            Default is left shift so i assumed people would prefer keep it like that, this is why i changed lol :x

Originally posted by Marksman_M95
            The only thing I don't agree with is bunny hopping. In BF2 the jump animation is so slow, when someone bunnyhops it's like a free kill. Especially against snipers, because you drain your fatigue and then you're just stuck in the open without any sprint left.
            Bunny hop to get around corner works great, because you still have your sprint left. If you bunny hop with no sprint you are dead meat lol. It depends on personal preference, however im sure you do bunny hop without realising lol. Im incapable of playing no bunny hop servers, its like a reflex lol.

Originally posted by DC5794 View Post
            In bf2 its the M16A2. IRL though, it's the M4A1 or M16A4. Sorry, but I'm just nitpicky.
            changed, thx

Comment

Good guide.

Addition:

when capping a flag as a medic, a lot of ppl tend to throw med packs like crazy. Don't do this until the flag gets neutral, because enemies will hear you.
              Once you changed the flag to neutral, the enmies will know you're there and it doesn't matter if they hear you.

About throwing med packs in a fight: Always be careful, cause when you die the enemy will pick up your packs and heal himself making your previous fight worthless. It is always good to have a med pack on your feet though.

And always kill enemy before reviving your teammate

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                And always kill enemy before reviving your teammate

FipZ
                This is probably the most important thing EVER. Remember, nobody likes to get revived and killed withing the same second.:nod:

I also have a question about the M16A2, how do you emulated full auto fire? I can pull it off with the G36E, but I'm not sure how to do it with the M16A2.

Comment

Originally posted by DC5794 View Post
                  I also have a question about the M16A2, how do you emulated full auto fire? I can pull it off with the G36E, but I'm not sure how to do it with the M16A2.

quick fast, dont wait for the burst to finish, keep click straight away. G36e rate of fire is faster than m16a2 however you can still keep up with a full auto gun just click really really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman_M95
                    Nah mate, it works extremely well in all situations. Basically, when you run into your opponent, basically you bunnyhop to a new position and shoot them while they are prone guessing where you are going to land. It is very difficult for them to shoot you while you are moving and usually they go prone when they run into you. Jump to new poisition and give 'em 3 shots to the head

Comment

Most bunnyhoppers just spam jump, and these are the easy targets. Any decent bunnyhopper will land, run for a split second then jump. This causes you to jump further, add in a prone or afew crouches whilst in the air and you make a very hard target.

Comment

God i love it when ppl are bunny hopping in PR 2-3 jumps and theyr out of stamina and are so easy to pick down

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                          God i love it when ppl are bunny hopping in PR 2-3 jumps and theyr out of stamina and are so easy to pick down
                          karky is good for that

Comment

Sorry, any guide that promotes bunny hopping isn't worth my time.

Comment

whine more. bunny hopping isnt that bad. im just glad dolphin diving is out!

Comment

Working...
                              X