Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is BF2 only laggy for me?

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
    yep. they extracted the lag of all the other people's systems and spiked the connection of one lucky winner:yay:

on a serious note, is it laggy throughout whole rounds? because the majority of mine comes within the first 45 seconds of the round then it seems to settle down. after that i've had rounds where it hasn't jumped once. and then obviously every now and again i get it that bad where i decide enough is enough and just turn it off and do something else.
    thats the same as what my bf2 does

Comment

The "beginning" lagg was always present in BF.. A few things causing in though:

- The first 15 sec lagg depends on how many sound samples are used.. It's BF loading all the sounds into your soundcard..

- The lagg after that depends on your ram, the higher the graphics settings, the more data needs to be written into your pagefile.. (note: < 1gb ram)

- And finally, the lagg everyone is mad about is caused by PUNKBUSTER.
      It scans your system for cheats.. It's kinda the same as trying to run a game while scanning for virusses... :wall:

Comment

will the lag i get is ****IN WIERD.

like im jsut walking around shooting people with 41 ping AND BAMN its like "YOU ****IN GAME I HATE YOU GAY LAG", i mean its unbarable, and then im like walking around with 110 ping and there is like no lag......
        but there is still some lag, which is annoying, but i never find servers where i dont get lag

but anyway other then getting better computer to reduce lag? i have vidoe setting on the lowest possible, i really like it to be less lag, SPECAILLY ON MODS

Comment

farquezy it sounds to me like it maybe connection related, maybe the router or something, or ports not forwaded i dont know =/

although i never manually forwaded any ports so it could not be that...hmm have you updated PB because i hear that can cause problems too

Comment

There is a way to extreme reduce the lagg though it's quite expensive..

Get an Raptor......

Comment

No, there has been some problems with the latest version of Punkbuster recently.

People have been saying that their firewalls (non-adaptive ones) are having to ask to allow PB over and over to be let through like a brand new .exe file. Evenbalance dropped the ball and are trying to fix the problem.

The changes had to be made due to the way Vista allows root installation and access. Even AV's wouldn't work with Vista at first till M$ had to hack their own system to allow them!

But that present pc should not be playing any modern game, it probably isn't good enough to even play The Sims 2. And if you are buying off the shelf, before you buy you might want to list on these or other tech forums the specs of the pc you are looking at buying and ask specific games which will run on it.

Comment

I KEEP GETTING LAG ALSO AND IM SICK OF IT.

IM RUNNING:
                AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.2 GHZ
                nVidia Geforce 7600GT
                1 GB Ram
                5m/1m Broadband internet

^^ You would think that would be enough... NOPE! It lags like poo on a stick.

Comment

BF2 is just laggy in general.

Comment

and ******** . a raptor will not gid rid off lag....

Comment

Working...
                    X