Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is BF2 only laggy for me?

ok will I've been seeing wierd stuff

form having 41 ping and being VERY VERY EXTREMELY CRAZY STUPID LAGGY, to having 210 ping and kinda laggy

Its really making me go WTF...
    i dont get why i always have lag, even when my ping is very low

also i have a question, Does BF2 run without lag? I've never played BF2 were i havnt had lag, so if it does please tell me, because i have broadband and its VERY good.

so is it my computer thats making it slower? or is it something else? everything in on lowest setting so i just dont know why

Re: is BF2 only laggy for me?

Originally posted by farquezy
    ok will I've been seeing wierd stuff
    so is it my computer thats making it slower? or is it something else? everything in on lowest setting so i just dont know why
    Follow this:
    Describes how to use the clean boot process to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

And maybe your computer just isn't good enough, even on low settings

Comment

Post your Pc sepcs, most likely thing is that you are running bf2 on far to high graphic settings.

Comment

Is your broadband set to interleaving or fastpath?

Comment

Does BF2 run without lag?
          simple answer. no.

Comment

Since Im on the West Coast, I'll only play on servers with an overall ping less than 135, which usually gives me a ping of anywhere from 60-90 but still under 100 which is what your goal is for while playing BF2.

This translates into playing on Servers in the Mid-West.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
              simple answer. no.
              Beg to differ. 8 player Karkand plays like a dream, but uh, it's 8 player, and it's Karkand.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                Beg to differ. 8 player Karkand plays like a dream, but uh, it's 8 player, and it's Karkand.
                :laugh: he said bf2 not css

Comment

I don't know if anyone else is getting it, but me and my clanmates are, whenever we get the closed connection from server message, our lighting gets reset to HIGH settings, my computer can't handle high lighting, but it does not say in the video options the right lighting level. (btw everything looks great on high lighting, just the fps goes to 12-15..).

Comment

sir and drunken i have a no idea to both your question lol...
                    i only know i got 512 ram and 1.2 cpu??

also masksman what does that do?

Comment

Originally posted by farquezy View Post
                      sir and drunken i have a no idea to both your question lol...
                      i only know i got 512 ram and 1.2 cpu??

also masksman what does that do?
                      That's your prob .

to play BF2 somewhat comfortably you need 1 gig, and your processor is killing you, I take it it's and old AMD athlon? You may be looking at a new PC soon .

---This means ping is definitely not where your lag is coming from!---

Comment

wow, 512RAM and a 1.2GHz CPU explains where your lag is coming from...

Comment

ya hopefully ill be getting a VERY GOOD deal on a computer soon, im getting it $800 less then the cheapest computer i found which was on Ava Direct, so im happy

but the one im getting comes with vista, does bf2 work with vista?

Comment

800$ less than the cheapest you can find.. sounds like the price of your current pc lol (unless that pc is 3000$)

Comment

is BF2 only laggy for me?
                              yep. they extracted the lag of all the other people's systems and spiked the connection of one lucky winner:yay:

on a serious note, is it laggy throughout whole rounds? because the majority of mine comes within the first 45 seconds of the round then it seems to settle down. after that i've had rounds where it hasn't jumped once. and then obviously every now and again i get it that bad where i decide enough is enough and just turn it off and do something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X