Help, game quits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, game quits...

Ok i need some help, ill load up a server and ill play for about a min and then all of a sudden, it tells me "connection to the server is lost." This game was working fine until I downloaded World of Warcraft, could that have affected it? what can i do? i want to play my game!

Re: Help, game quits...

i doubt WoW could affect it. did u update punkbuster?

Comment

Well, before i had gotten WOW i had played the game for a few weeks and everything worked, so unless a new update came out, i believe i am fully updated...

Comment

Dude it updates like every other day lol. Manually update everyday to be safe like me.

Comment

where can i do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
            i doubt WoW could affect it. did u update punkbuster?

allthough that could be the case , it might also be the PB issue that driving everbody nuts, i get that alot, and i know my PB is update, it was so bad yesterday i had to quite game & restart it befor eit would let me in a server.

but non less its good to update PB to make sure.:salute:

Comment

google "pbsetup"

Comment

Originally posted by HeatFlare View Post
                google "pbsetup"
                ok, now i have downloaded that, and i added BF2, and i updated... but now it wont even go to the loading screen!!! It just freezes for a sec and then says "Connection to server lost."

please guys!?:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Tiverty View Post
                  Ok i need some help, ill load up a server and ill play for about a min and then all of a sudden, it tells me "connection to the server is lost." This game was working fine until I downloaded World of Warcraft, could that have affected it? what can i do? i want to play my game!
                  this happens ALL the time, just update PB and hope for the best - it should and i hope it works for you, it has for me

Google: PBSetup

but first try reading this: http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...=121878&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Tiverty View Post
                    ok, now i have downloaded that, and i added BF2, and i updated... but now it wont even go to the loading screen!!! It just freezes for a sec and then says "Connection to server lost."

please guys!?:cry:
                    this is what i'd do, first i'd search out the thread that tells u how to update pb manually, hit new posts, its a big list of krap to do, i'd take it all out of the registry & follow those directions to a "T", and if that dont work, then do it again, & uninstall bf2, reinstall, update PB , it should work then, if it dont i donno unless it be a hardware prob.:salute:

Comment

I have a duel processor and I was actually given a hint from someone to:

1) press "Ctl + Alt + Delete"
                      2) Locate my "BF2.exe" file
                      3) right click on that file
                      4) Click "Set Affinity"
                      5) and deselect one of my processors so only one is on for the game

after i did that, the game worked like a charm, however it is lagger than before i installed WOW, so i think wow did do something...

So if someone ever comes to you guys with this problem at least give them this answer too...

Comment

Working...
                      X