Cannot complete installation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot complete installation???

Trying to install bf2 on new PC. It gets a good way into disc 2 then pops up with a message saying I need to restart the installation. Any ideas?

Re: Cannot complete instalation???

Originally posted by pcncb
    Trying to install bf2 on new PC. It gets a good way into disc 2 then pops up with a message saying I need to restart the installation. Any ideas?
    do you get a error codde? what kinda system spec ? are you sure your comp. can handle bf2?

Comment

The system requirements all match. EAsy info says it should work.

Ok. Message comes up as "
      Battlefield 2(TM) Install Shield Wizard
      Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from begining

Comment

dx version u run?

HD space?

OP system?

Comment

DX version- 9.0c
          HD-How do I see this?
          OP system-Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

ANyone else?

Comment

Hmmm, easy info says it should work thats good thing then, how about the disk, is it new, used, scratched?

this is my opionon, completely uninstall

then do a super cleanup, and a defrag of system, then try reinstall. other than that maybe one of these other peep can help.

besta luck:salute:

Comment

Disk 1 is scratched a bit but disk 2 looks 100x better. I tried cleaning the disk and it didn't help. Would one of those scratch repair things make a differnece?

I just ordered a new set of discs. We'll see if that fixes the problem

Comment

Originally posted by pcncb View Post
                Disk 1 is scratched a bit but disk 2 looks 100x better. I tried cleaning the disk and it didn't help. Would one of those scratch repair things make a differnece?

I just ordered a new set of discs. We'll see if that fixes the problem

im not saying thats your problem, but i will say i had a game that had minor scratches on it, i mean tiny tiny, and it wouldnt install,i had to get my friend to bring his game over =install with his cd, & mine woould play just wouldtn install, so i hope that is all your pro blem is, not sure if those resurface things at walmart would work or not,i've heard they're good.
                if there's a pro place near you that re- surface's disk i'd try that , but if you done ordered new disks i dont guess its biggie.

besta luck :salute:

Comment

Its all ordered. If it doesn't fix it, it was only 20$, not a huge loss. The game installed fine on a previous computer about 3 months ago with no problems which makes me wonder.

Comment

This is as far as it gets. I accidently clicked out of the error message tho

Comment

hmm, i seen the error, i've never had that happen to me before, when my disk was bad it just wouldnt do anyting other than give me a list, when i'd hit install it would just sit there.

ihope its simple as a scratch disk.

besta luck

Comment

i would say its a scratched Disk error, i used to have something not the same but similar with my C&C Generals CD =(

bought new one and it worked...though of course i cant say for sure if this is the problem you have.

Comment

Got it resolved. Had to disable all the security(Symatec and windows) and it worked. I guess I have an extra version of BF2 on the way lol

Comment

Got it resolved. Had to disable all the security(Symatec and windows) and it worked. I guess I have an extra version of BF2 on the way lol

glad to hear, also gald to know what the prob finally was, what was blocking it a firewall? or something else.

first for me, i didnt think a firewall (if that was it)would block a install.

Comment

thats good to hear, now you can use that for LAN =D

Comment

Working...
                              X