• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chopper hitbox

Originally posted by Goldleader101 View Post
    He was saying girls and some boys like it in the tail region

Comment

It used to be, and I say this because this is how it was, I used to think of the helo as a long, narrow triangle, with the fat end toward the tail. If you got your missle to hit anywhere in the triangle, it scored a hit. But a patch ago, and over the last few months, it seems that has changed. The tail end has become narrower, and the triangle no longer applies. Now, I think of the helo as a straight line, running end to end, and your missle has to hit the line to score a hit. Thats why if your slightly high or low of the line, it will appear to go right through it. Nose, tail, it doesn't matter, just has to be on the line. There was a thread about this a while back, which blamed it on hitreg, and how good gunners are getting more and more misses. I felt it too, but I don't really think of it as poor hitreg, as I do that simply the hitbox has changed. When I quit playing for lag and thinking of the hitbox as a triangle, the hits started coming again. Not that I don't miss, but I can say that when I do, I remember a time, when those misses, were hits.

Comment

OK, Sloi will try it

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
        The TV missile view is skewed. Have you ever noticed that when the TV goes through an enemy heli, and you switch out, you CLEARLY miss? It's something to do with interpolation and other crap suddenly changing in the TV view.
        What you see is the missile that flied ahead of chopper?

Comment

Just watch a video of somebody gunning.

Bunch of guys I play with.

Me

Me and Stabalicious 2v2ing runitsyourmamarun and pinkpimp. Just a few rounds out of the ~30 we played.

Me again.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
            It used to be, and I say this because this is how it was, I used to think of the helo as a long, narrow triangle, with the fat end toward the tail. If you got your missle to hit anywhere in the triangle, it scored a hit. But a patch ago, and over the last few months, it seems that has changed. The tail end has become narrower, and the triangle no longer applies. Now, I think of the helo as a straight line, running end to end, and your missle has to hit the line to score a hit. Thats why if your slightly high or low of the line, it will appear to go right through it. Nose, tail, it doesn't matter, just has to be on the line. As for lag, it used to help to hit the tail because that was the fat end, that doesn't work any more. Now, if your a little high or low, you miss. Thats why I now use a line. Center your missle somewhere along the line, and the hits will come. There was a thread about this a while back, which blamed it on hitreg, and how good gunners are getting more and more misses. I felt it too, but I don't really think of it as poor hitreg, as I do that simply the hitbox has changed. When I quit playing for lag and thinking of the hitbox as a triangle, the hits started coming again. Not that I don't miss, but I can say that when I do, I remember a time, when those misses, were hits.
            Thats a lot of words:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
              to many?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
                ummm, were they arranged funny? ...and did you get the point? ...cause if you did, then thats all that counts.

Comment

you know whats funny? it seems like the "hitbox" for TV missiles seems sooooooo small, yet you can be like 10 feet away from a chopper with an eryx/sraw and hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                    OK, Sloi will try it

What you see is the missile that flied ahead of chopper?

No, you see a completely different view. In other words, you're looking at a parallel universe in the TV missile view, where everything is 2 metres to the right/left of where it should be.

Comment

That was the best explanation, and the most sense making aswell. Thanks camper, logica has failed me, heh.

Makes sense though, theres always a slight delay when the missile is shot aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000 View Post
                        you know whats funny? it seems like the "hitbox" for TV missiles seems sooooooo small, yet you can be like 10 feet away from a chopper with an eryx/sraw and hit it.
                        A tv missile can be 10+ feet away from a chopper and register a hit... I do it all the time. If the chopper is moving fast enough the hitboxes can be ridiculous. Oneshotsnipednoob does a roll into a drop that's over 420km/h and when I hit him with a TV the hitbox is ~20 feet from the chopper. I'm pretty much the only person that can hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner View Post
                          A tv missile can be 10+ feet away from a chopper and register a hit... I do it all the time. If the chopper is moving fast enough the hitboxes can be ridiculous. Oneshotsnipednoob does a roll into a drop that's over 420km/h and when I hit him with a TV the hitbox is ~20 feet from the chopper. I'm pretty much the only person that can hit it.
                          make some vids i want to see it

Comment

I suggest ramming the enemy chopper

Comment

Working...
                            X