Points or fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points or fun?

I know that there have been numerous threads like this one, but not lately though, so let's hear some new and updated opinions.

Me for example, I was playing for points long time ago, but the last year I've been playing for fun only, maybe that's why my SPM is low but I don't care.

I refuse to play medic on Karkand for example if I'm not having fun doing it. I want to play new maps, and use weapons that I haven't used much, that's why lately I play with stock weapons only.

Re: Points or fun?

Well, i enjoy having fun but also i enjoy doing good at the game. Take for instance, I'm medic on karkand, i get loads of revives and heals, and i notice i have a lot of points. i just enjoy getting points but in the process also enjoying the game.

Comment

having fun to me consists of playing karkand. i don't know why, but all of the other maps just aren't as fun. dragon valley is kind of fun, but not really.

i just don't spam nades and revive all of the idiots that got killed by the nades.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000 View Post
        having fun to me consists of playing karkand. i don't know why, but all of the other maps just aren't as fun. dragon valley is kind of fun, but not really.

i just don't spam nades and revive all of the idiots that got killed by the nades.
        I enjoy karkand as well, mainly for the close infantry combat.

Comment

Same here, points felt important before but not now. I see that majority of BF2 community is **** with retard server admins on top

Now I play for fun only

Comment

You see when everybody starts doing the same thing makes me not wanna do it out of general principle.

Comment

Fun for me is two things:

Playing Karkand for the infantry combat.

Flying choppers with clan mates.

So, I do both, I am extremely good at both and, therefore I get the added benefit of lots of points for both.

My SPM is 3.14 on my main account- so I guess sometimes I do like to challenge myself and try to raise it.

But I don't have a problem creating second accounts for random things. Like my chopper pilot account [(reset_me_now)] with a SPM of 1.38 to my medic whore account Sworn2Kill with a SPM of 7.87

I play things that let me have fun and get a reward.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
                Fun for me is two things:

Playing Karkand for the infantry combat.

Flying choppers solo and pwn!

Cheers

Agree mate, i love the same things

Comment

I only play for fun. I've got all the unlocks etc.

And I never play medic medic anymore, I have 800 freaking hours as a medic! :| but more than half of that is because I was flying jets as a medic, so lets say about 400 medic hours as inf. - and I don't like that, - trying to even that out with other kits now and I just hate the medic kit, such a ***** kit to use. All these lamers re-healing themselfs and runing around with G35E bunny hopping and what not. Just points whores or they don't do well at the game with any other kit cuz they can't heal themselfs.

So, fun it is for me and loving it. Don't care about points, don't care if I accidently get forced TK's by morons, don't care if I get punished by morons.

Hmmm... off topic but the other day, I was waiting for the jet and never managed to get one, so when the guy that was flying it crashed again, he got the jet again but then jumped out and gave it to me, never, ever, ever happend before :| that hardly ever happens on BF2... I was surprised - but at the same time, I do that too.

Bye.

Comment

I play for points, but not in the way many people play for points. Where most play so they can get cyber stats and increase their e-penis', i see the different ranks as a "level up" game. I currently i've only got about 10 more levels before i complete the game.

I know thats not what BF2 is but that is how i view it knowing that like Mario Brothers or something else similar, when i reach a certain level i have completed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli
                      I play for points, but not in the way many people play for points. Where most play so they can get cyber stats and increase their e-penis', i see the different ranks as a "level up" game. I currently i've only got about 10 more levels before i complete the game.

I know thats not what BF2 is but that is how i view it knowing that like Mario Brothers or something else similar, when i reach a certain level i have completed it.
                      that was exactly what i was like for the most part, and i still do like to level up and get medals and such...but once i got all of the unlocks i was like "ahh what the hell i'm just gonna play for fun."

Comment

Fun. Defnitely.

Comment

points = fun, for me

Comment

I play for Fun, if i just played for points(when i do play) i fear that my hobby would turn into a job.

Comment

Fun... sniping gives hardly any points in Karkand but I enjoy doing it, especially when it's really close quarters combat. If I want a gold star though I always go medic, it's fun competing with the other medic whores on the map.

Comment

Working...
                              X