Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service communication failure PnkBstrB.exe

Hello,
    I play Battlefield 2 for a year now and I've never had any problems until now.
    yesterday when I came back from vacation I tried to join a server and I got kicked afther 30 seconds with this message:

''Punkbuster kicked player Sentoro for (0 minutes) RESTRICTION: Service communication failure PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed''

Can someone plz help me? Cause I tried everything I found on the internet but with no results
    Nothing seems to be working

Re: Service communication failure PnkBstrB.exe

Take a look at this sticky here.. :

Comment

Originally posted by Link_2007
      Take a look at this sticky here.. :

http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...d.php?t=121284
      Where can I find my problem fix?

Comment

Its your Punkbuster you need to update it to have it working!

Scroll down and download the new punkbuster drivers then your away with
        BF2 again

Comment

Downloading those drivers didnt fix my problem and it was the same as you XxViperxX.

Comment

Go to the punkbuster website and reaf the manually un-install that should then fix up anything you got wrong!

Besta Lux

Comment

I already didt that but it dind't work

what program do I have to run afther the manual de-installation?
              The link is dead that u gave me Sc_Knight

Tyr-arnold is your problem fixed now then?

Comment

Hey,

You run the same thing again, the download of Punkbuster,

it seems strange but you manually, cleared out all the existing files!

then the new download puts the new in and updates your BF2, so your raring to go!

Need Link Still?

Get Back!

Comment

I have already tried all the steps and it helps me connect to the server but a few seconds into the server i get that same error message that punkbusterb communication problem, and im back to the connection to server has been lost until i redo all the steps again. I have tried using pbsetup and placing those files in my pb folder. I also notice that only punkbuster a is running in my services i cant even find punkbusterb on my computer.
                  Any help is appreciated i havent been able to play for a few days drivin me crazy.

Comment

Did you manually, Un-Install the Punkbuster...!

Cheers

Comment

well i followed the dirrections on removing it, using the pbsvc.exe to uninstall and then removing all leftover files and registry entries manually.

Comment

I had all the same problems for the last 2 days. Finally I found something that worked. After you saved the new pbsetup.exe to your bf2/pb folder. install... go back and run the test till it says FINSHED TEST. then try this...

I had to start pnkbstrb maually in services and did the below: everything works fine now.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK FULL ON IDIOT PROOF WAY OF ALLOWING THOSE PESKY FILES TO RUN IN WINDOWS FIREWALL WHILE PLAYING B2 AND YOU DON'T GET KICKED.

*******YOU HAVE TO DO THIS EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE FIREWALL TURNED OFF OR DISABLED********

AFTER DOING WHAT STORMY {CAN} SAID

1. Start > settings > Control Panel > Network Connections

2. Right Click on YOUR network connection (this you will have to figure out for yourself) Left Click on Properties

3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab and then Settings.

4. Click on the "Exceptions" Tab and then "Add Program"

5. Don't bother going through the list of programs in the window. IT'S NOT THERE!!! Click on "Browse and go to C:\WINDOWS\system32

6. Add both PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe to the list

Comment

PnkBstrB.exe did a update the otherday. i had to give it rights in my firewall again to let it get out.

Comment

Originally posted by trippin View Post
                            I have already tried all the steps and it helps me connect to the server but a few seconds into the server i get that same error message that punkbusterb communication problem, and im back to the connection to server has been lost until i redo all the steps again. I have tried using pbsetup and placing those files in my pb folder. I also notice that only punkbuster a is running in my services i cant even find punkbusterb on my computer.
                            Any help is appreciated i havent been able to play for a few days drivin me crazy.
                            You'r right, I can't find PunkbusterA in my services list to.
                            Should that be the problem?

Comment

thnx m8 uve fixed my problem once again thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X