No announcement yet.

Why is Engineer class so under-valued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Engineer class so under-valued?

engys would be used more if they got points for disabling mines and making them less vulnerable to claymores.

Comment

Originally posted by -=[R]=-SilentNite View Post
      To go slightly off topic, the stats as we get them are flawed and shouldn't have been done they way they are. This leads us to the wonderings as mentioned in the above quotes. No kit should accumulate points or stats except for doing exactly what that kit is suppose to be doing. What I mean is, I shouldn't be getting Engineer kill stats when I am driving a tank, they should strickly be armour kills. A sniper shouldn't be given kill points when they are flying a jet. They are a pilot not a sniper.

This is why the badges/medals truely mean nothing. How many people actually achieved their badges by doing what that kit was intended to do?

More often than not, we all got them by scoring large in our armour, jets or some other aid, rather than actually using our handheld weapons.
      I agree. Kills/time when in vehicles should only be recorded for THAT vehicle and not the kit you are playing. However, I believe some do earn their badges by not getting them in vehicles. I've always try to get my badges this way and I'm sure others do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
        Very true indeed. I suspect that most, like myself, spend most Engineer time in vehicles, and thus have little shotgun, submachine gun & AT Mine time/kills.
        That's not the case with me. When I play engineer I spend more time on foot than in a vehicle. On Iron Gator for example, my whole time is as engineer, playing hide and seek in the coridors and killing people with my jackhammer, very little time in a chopper or anything else. I just like placing mines at critical spots and collecting the points later.

Comment

I usually leave a perfectly new tank at the enemies flag and under it with a suprise.

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
            I usually leave a perfectly new tank at the enemies flag and under it with a suprise.
            hehe my tactics too. I stay away from servers where friendly fire is on though.

Comment

Working...
            X