The I hate/love Karkand Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The I hate/love Karkand Thread

i like Karkand after the first few minutes of pure grenade spamming. Once you get to the suburb and to the bridge i think its a really good map

Comment

I play only karkand IO besides when I go pubbing with the TBF2 noobs. I don't play it for the points, it's just fun IMO.

Comment

i can barely find any karkand with vehicles on it these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary
          However, if you turn you mind to not joining the noobfest it easily becomes a superb infantry combat map.
          When you're the only one on the USMC side defending the Train Accident against an entire team of MEC that is headed your way, you'll realize that Karkand is a newbie map.

The reasoning is simple. You can avoid the noobfest at the Hotel, but that doesn't mean that 90% of your team won't. I'm glad your squad is making the map fun, but a good squad can do the same for ANY map. Including Zatar Wetlands.

Ghost Town and Warlord are fine in my book, I just don't like the guns and the textures/terrain. Warlord is a clayspam fest and Ghost Town is a little big for my taste (too easy for the Spetz to pin the US down).
          Warlord uses the same textures and terrain as Karkand.

Warlord has vastly less clayspam/grenadespam than Karkand.

Ghost-town is 1/2 the size of Karkand's 64 playered map. The flags are much closer together too.

USMC doesn't even exist on either map.

Ghost Town and Warlord are widely accepted as where the best pub server Infantry Players play.

Sharqi is often poor on I/O because USMC hops down and rapes the MEC main. It can be fun though- so I will play it in rotation.
          It's one of my favorite maps for Infantry Only on a 64 playered map. The reasoning is simple. The USMC flags are so close together, that there is always somebody defending the flags. This makes playing the MEC a lot of fun. The flags go back and forth so fast, that you always have to be on the move, and no matter where you go, there is ALWAYS action.

Karkand doesn't offer this on it's 64 playered version. Instead it turns into a lame assed stand-off at the bridge 9 times out of 10. This is why everybody is saying 32 playered Karkand is better. Even though it's only marginally better than it's 64 playered counterpart. Even-so, it's still damned boring in comparison to every other map in the game.

The 16 playered version of Karkand is just bad. It's the second most imbalanced map in the game for both IO and Vehicles.

Mashtuur is good for sniping, but very large and there is more long range combat than CQC.
          Go around the stand-offs, attack their flanks, and you'll not only get a lot of CQC, but you'll get a vast amount of kills too. Stop thinking every stage is as linear as Karkand.

Jalabad is another great map where a smart squad can rip the enemy apart. Once the fighting gets into the city it is a phenomal map. However the nade/snipe fest at the beginning is anything but fun.
          You are correct on this one. Jalalabad is the only other map in this game that is as painfully linear as Karkand is. The only difference is, there are 'four' routes around the cluster**** on Jalalabad, where there are only three routes to avoid it on Karkand. Thus Jalalabad > Karkand even still.

But, overall I just prefer Karkand. Playing it in a bundle with the other 3 top vannila city maps is great, but I always look forward to those two rounds of Karkand the most.
          Obviously. Karkand is the most popular. Therefore it is the most hyped. You've accepted it as the better map, even though you still fail to come up with an irrefutable reason as to why.

The only good thing about Karkand is that you're always able to find newbies willing to play it. Their eyes light up with point numbers, as they get their grenade throwing finger ready.

Comment

Working...
          X