The I hate/love Karkand Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I hate/love Karkand Thread

I am in the mood to argue with someone (looks expectantly at Chris) Nah, I just feel like defending Karkand again.

The cons (yep I will say why it ISN'T GOOD first):

1, 64 player with FF=OFF is suicide. Clayspam and nadespam are the name of the game.

2. Train Accident/Gatehouse battles can get boring.

3. USMC has a tendency to forget that there are more flags than Hotel.

Howeva....

The pros:

1. Nadespam and clayspam drop significantly on 32 and 16 player maps and on 64 maps with FF=ON.

2. No jets, choppers, or tanks to rape you. You are the top tier of player type (infy) for once.

3. Far less team-killers. You can't TK for jets and force TK and all that gay **** when there are no vehicles to TK for.

4. Baserape drops to a relative zilch. Unlike in vehicle mode where 1 or 2 superior pilots can rape the other team's uncap/main to the point where it is instand death to spawn, in infantry one team has to be VASTLY superior to the other to gain such a large advantage.

5. Nothing better for CQC. Turning the corner of an alley and relying on reflexes/brains/ and yes "evasive manuveurs" to survive is delicious.

6. A good squad with a competent squad leader can penetrate the folds of noobs and bring down an entire enemy team with teamwork (yes, I find many more VOIP/teamwork squads on Karkand than on air maps).

7. Easy access to battle. Non-stop action, crazy even by BF2 standards.

8. Easy points. I don't play it for points and many people (contary to popular belief) don't. However it is a nice side benefit.

9. Did I mention J-10s or Mi-28s yet? Well, consider them mentioned.

10. No skill multipliers except for experience. No equations like Jet Strengths + Easy Rape Bases + Experience. It is just experience = (s)kills.

So, time for you to either flame me, Karkand, I/O, and the nooby BF2 community at a whole or rack your brains for some brains.

I am not saying that Karkand is better than air mapps. Nope, I am saying that I/O is better for infantry players than vehicle mode, and don't we all deserve to have something built for us?

Vehicle players complain about I/O + Karkand, but the only things that affect them from that are....

1. OMFG- They can better stats than me!!!!1one1111!!!one

and the time honored but BS excuse of... I don't have enough air maps servers that are still up!!!! There are plenty of those still there, but doesn't the fact that they have decreased tell you something about how the so called "small group of whining infantry whores who get their way" are actually the majority?

And, honestly, thinking like #1 = that is thinking like what you vehicle whores :evil: invision the prototypical Karkand player as.

Cheers

Re: The I hate/love Karkand Thread

I like Karkand but its kind of annoying, because the tide of battle never changes, it's always one side gets the upper hand and people start spawning on the losing team and immediately dying, at least when I play. Also, I think there are too many tanks and APCs on the vehicles version. It would be awesome if there were blackhawks or something on the USMC side, then there could be urban combat drops and stuff. Also, TOO MANY SNIPERS!, but I'm a noob, so sorry if I offended any bigtime snipers.

Comment

Those are good reasons. The reason I can't stand it usually is because it's CS on the BF2 engine and nothing more.

Comment

Eh, too many vehicles... I know let's add some choppers is a weird sentiment. And luckily I was refering (mainly) to the I/O version.

+ Don't worry bout offending people, nobody really cares what you think on this forum.

Cheers

Comment

Karkand maybe interesting if you just bought the game, but don't you people get bored of playing the same old map over and over again for over 2 years just so you can earn few more points than if you would to play a different map? Is it all about the points? It must be because as far as the scenery is concerned that's probably one of the worst maps.
          Stupid clans with more than half of the players playing medic bittches on their stupid same old boring Karkand. So pathetic.

Comment

you want to be the top tier go play Counter strike. If you would just stop picking the kits that get alot of points and kill alot of infantry players and pick a kit more team oriented then tanks would be no problem,

Comment

I don't mean to flame against anybody but by now 2 years later, just the word Karkand brings few associations in my head: medic whoring, points whoring, stats padding, hacking, cheating ... In few words the worst of the worst in bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                Those are good reasons. The reason I can't stand it usually is because it's CS on the BF2 engine and nothing more.
                A worse version of CS.

The infantry combat in vBF2 isn't exactly spectacular..

Comment

I hate it.

Comment

I may be one of the few people who dislike IO in it's entirety; I play BF2 for the unparalleled dynamic of having to fight Jets, Helo's, Tanks and soldiers all at once.

but then again, I don't play Karkand for this very reason, My favorite city maps are Sharqi, and Mashtuur.

If I just want to play with guns and grenades, I'll take the more polished and less laggy CS: Source.

Comment

I used to like 24/7 Karkand servers. When I played it, I didn't remember all this nade spamming at the start though.

Ever since I started playing Dragon Valley, I haven't, and don't plan to go back to Karkand. I'd prefer jets, choppers, tanks, etc over Karkand i.o. any day. Karkand with vehicles might even be worse today. I recently played Karkand and I could not stand it. The vast amount of whores that play there. They whore every last fault there is in BF2. There's absolutely no way that I'm going to play that map again.

I originally bought BF2 to use vehicles, that's why I liked BF2. The vehicles aren't really incorporated into Karkand. So even with vehicles on the map, they are destroyed very soon.

Just me thoughts he'a!

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If Karkand was the only map in this game I would've stopped playing long time ago.

Comment

ill be off of karkand now ive got my gaming rig back and im getting sf soon courtesy of rocketchild.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                            Indeed..

bf_dust2

Comment

Well, I still like karkand IO, but I like other maps too.
                              Atm I use to play sniper and I know karkand quite good, so as a sniper it is better to know the map you play.
                              As a consequence I like to play sniper on karkand.
                              I still play sniper on masthuur and warlord.

Anyway there are pros and cons and I repeat a lot: If you don't like it - don't play it. It's your choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X