Defending Flags and Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defending Flags and Squads

ugh i stopped playing PR cuz it was so laggy/ my comp cant run it at all. i kno i set my setitngs too high but i hate switching settings to go between PR and Bf2 vanilla. im waitng for .7 where they mite do some optimizations

Comment

when I command I defend all the time. Saddly when I do kill someone half my team thinks I need to go in a commander and just give them supply drops every 3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard84 View Post
        interesting thread.. I actually had to defend the other day. it was a Karkand IO match...
        Right when you said that, I was completely unable to read the rest of your post. Just the combination of Strike at Karkand, infantry only, and in a competition. What was the first move of USMC, spam nades?

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
          Join a clan?
          join my clan, its $50 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
            ugh i stopped playing PR cuz it was so laggy/ my comp cant run it at all. i kno i set my setitngs too high but i hate switching settings to go between PR and Bf2 vanilla. im waitng for .7 where they mite do some optimizations
            Being that PR is a mod (not worried about Global Scores), simply create another online account to be played for the mod. Under the mod account you can have separate display settings.

Comment

Defending is great fun. I've had some hellacious battles at the wall breaches on Great Wall. I've also had the satisfaction of taking out entire squads while defending.

I had an entire squad accuse me of hacking once because I had laid down my AT mines as engineer, grabbed a sniper kit from a guy that had been killed by a bomb, dropped his claymores, then switched back to my engi kit. I ended up killing infantry, their vehicle, and one guy with my shotty. I think they were pissed.

Comment

Ill probably get a lot of flak for this but if me and my squad mates are trying to take a flag say the hotel flag on Karkand for example. I will let them go go start taking the flag while I guard the enemy spaw points and kill anyone who spawns and when the flag goes white I go up and help them take the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
                  Ill probably get a lot of flak for this but if me and my squad mates are trying to take a flag say the hotel flag on Karkand for example. I will let them go go start taking the flag while I guard the enemy spaw points and kill anyone who spawns and when the flag goes white I go up and help them take the flag.
                  Nothing wrong with that IMHO. Enemy can spawn somewhere else like Square if they don't want to get spawn killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
                    Spawn camping while your team takes the flag in question is a completely legitamite tactic. In fact if you have a coordinated team, the armours - Tanks, and APC's will be covering all or most of the spawn points at the flag, giving the infrantry the opportunity to cap unscathed.

I usually play with a group of people on TS - friends. We dont have to be in squads as when you have something like TS, or ventrilo you can have coordination without squad-play. Our tactic is usually as follows:

1) Get the Jets, to bomb the flag to clear out hostile armour and any massive amounts of infrantry, then keep in Air to Air mode to scare choppers, and Jets alike (keeps the sky clean)
                    2) Helicopters circle strafe above killing any potential threats, namely AT.
                    3) Tanks and armour spawn-camp the flag from safe distances
                    4) Infrantry caps the flag only needing to worry about artillery.

Rinse and repeat on the next flag.

Comment

the squad leader makes the squad work together... simply just sit outside safely attacking a flag, take cover and let people spawn on you.

eventually every1 in squad will die and all will be together. Aslong as you manage to not die, your squad will stay together. Any1 whos gay and doesnt stay with you guys kick. Never invite high ranking players to squad as they always so their own thing lol

about defending i find using grenade launcher from a high point works wonders, many buildings on dalian, back bases of karkand, shaqi are great. not so much the front bases.

Also it is not practical for large amounts of people to defend against a couple, if you wish to defend create a small squad with hand picked people, it would be a waste having 6 people defending an attack of 2.

Comment

pr is great for squad work, however i hav't played recently because my current comp can't really handle it. However my new one will be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa View Post
                          join my clan, its $50 a month.
                          Either you're trying to prove a point in a very bad way, or you didn't understand me.

Comment

Working...
                          X