Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little message to EA/Dice/PunkBuster... whatever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little message to EA/Dice/PunkBuster... whatever...

Simple, **** you.

You keep making this game ****tier and ****tier.

What is it with this new punk buster download crap. I tried to play last night, got an CTD while flying - firewall asking me if I want to allow some new piece of crap to be installed, I accept (after reading the forums about the new BF2 problems), got back to game a few minutes later, and I get another CTD and get kicked from the server by punkbuster or something.

I restart, get online and play, another CTD and another firewall pop up, well I allow it again, and again I get kicked from the game. When tried again later on, it seemed to work fine, but wait... LAG! :| woha!...

Ok, trying to play today again and again a punk buster kick. Another firewall pop up, well I say yes and it installs the damn thing... can't get on any server now. So I restart the game, ok, works fine... can connect to servers.

But wait... Laaaaag........

Screen freezes for 2 to 5 seconds... I look to the left or right, freezes up, I move, freezes up, I stay still, freezes up... about every 7 seconds, my game freezes for 2 to 5 seconds... - how the hell am I supposed to enjoy playing this crap now?

piece of ****.

Funny how no one even knew about any updates before hand. No one thought about letting the people know that there will be a new punk buster update/software or whatever it is?... they have in game message pop up, use it?! But wait, it takes a month or more for them to change the message!

Argh... so freaking annoyed :@

Re: A little message to EA/Dice/PunkBuster... whatever...

Such ignorance, only if ignorance was bliss. :shakehead:

Comment

Interesting, all other games I have work well with PB

BF2 failed with gamespy, now it fails with PB. I wonder what will be the next thing to go fubar in this game.

Comment

After this odd PB update or whatever, my laptop simply freezes. Great.

Spiked, you have been roaming around talking sh!t for no reason. If you were witty and funny, it would be understandible, but youre just annoying. Lay off and have fun.

Comment

Your not the only one, stop being such a pussy

PB and EA are seperate companies....so dont go blaming the big E-to-the-A just because its usually their fault.

You can stop the pb problems by copying the (pb) files pf someone who has working punkbuster, my freind did this and solved the problem; that was happening to him yesterday.

Also just kill your firewall and av when playing bf2.

Lastly, has anyone else noticed a process called PnkBstrA.exe lately, I dont know what it is but it wasnt there before- thats probrably your fire wall error.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooby McMoob View Post
            Your not the only one, stop being such a pussy

PB and EA are seperate companies....so dont go blaming the big E-to-the-A just because its usually their fault.

You can stop the pb problems by copying the (pb) files pf someone who has working punkbuster, my freind did this and solved the problem; that was happening to him yesterday.

Also just kill your firewall and av when playing bf2.

Lastly, has anyone else noticed a process called PnkBstrA.exe lately, I dont know what it is but it wasnt there before- thats probrably your fire wall error.
            F*ck that, things ain`t supposed to work like that, and I`ll be damned if I`m gonna turn my thugs off. Not that I`m waiting for a cyber-attack every minute but never know what crazy f*cker is scanning ports.

Comment

at least they are updating it, probably to stop the same hacks you all constantly b!tch about. sometimes im amazed the level of expectations you guys have about support for a 2 year old game, then when they do support it you b!tch about that too.

Comment

Well, if they update it, it would be better if the update would not cause any problems, perhaps? Every single update causes problems. People would not ***** about anything if they did something good for once. But it never happens, every update adds new problems to the game.

How can I not ***** when I can't play the game now? I paid money for this game, I bought the game to play and have fun. I didn't buy it to get stressed with every single update.

No one would ***** about anything if everything was fine.

Comment

I haven't had any of these problems in the past few days...

*knocks on wood*

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                    at least they are updating it, probably to stop the same hacks you all constantly b!tch about. sometimes im amazed the level of expectations you guys have about support for a 2 year old game, then when they do support it you b!tch about that too.
                    While I do agree with you, Id rather take a hacker than see my game just freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                      If you look into PB a little more than that, you will realise that is pure horse****.

The reason for moving to PB services is to allow users on limited user accounts to play. PB made a ridiculous security hole all this time by forcing administrative privileges, and this is no longer needed, due to these services.

It has very little to do with detecting cheaters (a look around on a few cheat forums actually says the exact opposite).

As for the cheats, the only real cheat that makes the game unworthy to play is the vehicle drops. Aimbots don't ruin anybody's day unless the game is already running crappy. It's for EA/DICE to patch out the vehicle drop exploit, simple as.

Comment

idd rather have a very small percentage of hackers in the game then having the game freeze up every few minutes.

Comment

That was a good little message. Now all you have to do is send it to EA/Dice/PunkBuster or whatever and maybe they'll read it like we did.

Comment

No problems here. I have a separate folder for newest PB

Comment

I got the same problems!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X