a blackhawk down mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a blackhawk down mod

This would be really cool, a map/mod representing the black hawk down battle...it would be insurgency vs USMC and the map would look like karkand with the square in the middle with blackhawk rubble. there would be no jets but each side has one transport chopper and one attack. this might not work well but i thought it would be cool.

Re: a blackhawk down mod

I think there was a mod in the making like that. Im not sure though.

There is a map called Warlord for the Special Forces booster pack. There's a Blackhawk crashed out in one of the intersections of the city. It reminds me of Blackhawk Down. Same kinda' city. Same briefing in the objectives pretty much. Check it out man.

Comment

You would need entirely new skins for the Somalians.

Comment

That would be an awesome mod, too bad no one's probably going to make one.

Comment

Aah, littlebirds shooting somalians with miniguns and siderockets

Comment

isn't BF2 Assault mod loosly based around the BHD mission

and urban raid comes with AH-6's with rockets nd miniguns

though i'd just dig out the DF:BHD campaign, replay sweet irene

Comment

unfortunatly bf2 wouldn't be the best game to support black hawk down, you would need tens of thousands of "skinnys" (i have some friends in the rangers) and instead of usmc they should have the rangers with delta force skins for spec ops, the skinnys should be horrible soldiers but get wins by overwhelming! Its a good idea.

Comment

would be awesome to see a mod based around the film

Comment

The Warlord map in SF is almost exactly like BHD. Try it.

Comment

Irene... f*ckin Irene!

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428 View Post
                      unfortunatly bf2 wouldn't be the best game to support black hawk down, you would need tens of thousands of "skinnys" (i have some friends in the rangers) and instead of usmc they should have the rangers with delta force skins for spec ops, the skinnys should be horrible soldiers but get wins by overwhelming! Its a good idea.
                      what if there were more on the somalian team but but theyre only gun choice is an AK-47 or a pistol and an RPG and the americans were fewer but had a whole range of weapons
                      *edit* also yes ive played Warlord the map is like it but not the gameplay. You didnt see british people in black uniforms falling out of the sky in BHD

Comment

Originally posted by sLuRbLe View Post
                        The Warlord map in SF is almost exactly like BHD. Try it.
                        i wouldnt say exatly. yes there is a chopper in an intersection but more poeple focus on the palace.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                          but theyre only gun choice is an AK-47 or a pistol and an RPG
                          I'd take that any day, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                            what if there were more on the somalian team but but theyre only gun choice is an AK-47 or a pistol and an RPG and the americans were fewer but had a whole range of weapons
                            *edit* also yes ive played Warlord the map is like it but not the gameplay. You didnt see british people in black uniforms falling out of the sky in BHD
                            yeah, they have to be crazy high like they where in real life

Comment

There is such a map called Operation_Black_Hawk_Down and you can download it fromhere
                              The worst thing about it is that I can't load that map- crashes to windows

Comment

Working...
                              X