Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commanding and playing

Originally posted by simon1973 View Post
    What? At least i still don't watch wrestling at that age you dic(end. I bet you are just a little prat who mother still wiping his arse for him.

Have some respect for those who are mature in years. Last thing to stay if you got nothing to add to the topic then STFU
    The wrestling sig was a stab at an OT whore who really liked john cena. I really dont see what was wrong with that post other then me not agreeing with it.

Comment

If he was talking like that to my face I would shove his metaphor up his arse and then make him eat it.

Comment

Depending on the situation , I would say.

No fighting commander on vehicle maps for sure. You will die too often while on the commander screen. there's a lot of work for a commander on vehicle servers - command only!

But on IO servers I begin the round as a hidden commander.
        Example: Karkand, I'm US commander (sniper) I begin at one of the two spawnpoints near Hotel, hide, drop UAV on hotel and give orders.

Generally most of the squads will ignore you because this is IO and Karkand, so nadespamming is the main practice. So I keep dropping UAV and VOIPing that the path to Suburb and/or Train Accident is clear.

While UAV is up and scan is reloading I use the time to scope around, spot and kill some enemies (mainly guys going spawnraping).

Once US get's Hotel and square, I try to advance to another position at square guarding it with clays. That way I'm in the main battle area, having a closer look at the enemies.
        Still always dropping UAV, scanning and VOIPing information.

There are times when this tactic works fine and I leave the won round with some kills on my scoreboard, but there are times when it doesn't work. You'll notice that very quick. Some ppl like to go after the enemy commander (me included, lol).
        In this case I just respawn at the main base, get me a coffee, sit back and command.

And sometimes my team is just too stupid to get to fckng Suburb, that I go myself! Happens a lot actually. LOL damn IO KARKAND, but I love it, somehow...;-)

FipZ

Comment

A fighting commander is a player with extra tools to help the team, usually the team members around himself when hes helping himself. Main disadvantage comes from the fact that you can NOT do anything about enemy movement. This alone makes you a useless commander. I could care less about artillery as my squad is packing an AT kit and plenty of nades. I could care less about UAV because my squad members help each other to pack muchos skill. I could careless about supply drops because weve got medic and support whores. What I need is lots of spotting so I can plan an effective defense/offense, I need plenty of information about enemy whereabouts and their movement so that my squad can intercept and send them back to their spawnpoint.

Strategy wins, and my squad is a commanders loyal tool. In order to use that tool, he should be sitting in his own screen and be my eyes of the battlefield. Otherwise my squad will just jump around doing flaghopping.

Im in no way a good player, but from my experience as a commander, you can make for one hell of a game for yourself and others if you take your duty seriously. A commander on VOIP giving out information (both on VOIP and chat text) is damn good for morale and immersion. Its not a rare occasion, when overwhelmed, I asked people to form a sneak ops squad to sneak around the map taking lonely flags behind enemy lines. They didnt get much PTS, but damn they enjoyed their game, and so did I.

Commander is a full-time job.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700
            Commanders need to command... simple.

Now EA needs to give back the ability to get repair points as commander again..cause if he's going to repair and defend his toys he should get the points for it.

Ever since the patch that took em away its been another step in screwing with game play that EA should have never done.
            Crap, guess i'll just use supply drop to save troube if not gettin credit for it. I know like if your commander & you kill somebody it shows up in yellow at top , but doesnt give you the white at left saying you killed. But i have noticed you get credit for those kills at end of game. why is it like that? is it only showin you for that game, or are you not gettin the kill reported in stats to EA cause you were the commander, kinda stupid & confusin i thinkkkk.

:salute:

Comment

If you want to get points you better not drop supply crates. Only if demanded by someone.
              If some player heals, revives, resupplies, repairs, you get points of it at the end of the round.
              you won't get points for dropping crates.

If you kill somebody while beeing commander you will not get points for it at the end of the round but the kills count towards your stats and for badges etc. So do artillery kills.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso
                If you want to get points you better not drop supply crates. Only if demanded by someone.
                If some player heals, revives, resupplies, repairs, you get points of it at the end of the round.
                you won't get points for dropping crates.

If you kill somebody while beeing commander you will not get points for it at the end of the round but the kills count towards your stats and for badges etc. So do artillery kills.

FipZ
                What i meant was , if im not gonna get points for repairing with the wrench, then i'll just drop a crate on it to save the trouble & risk of gettin shot.

BTW , i thinkk you wrong about the supply only gettin credit when they ask for it, but i'll im not positive, i think cmnd points are avg. of how well you team does, not what you drop, but like i said im not sayin im right. i've tried to figure it out, & lotsa posts been done on it, & i tried makin them request for everyhthing from vehicles to arty & supplies & found the cmnd score was allways the same the points dont move unless you r teams kickin butt.

over:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
                  What i meant was , if im not gonna get points for repairing with the wrench, then i'll just drop a crate on it to save the trouble & risk of gettin shot.

BTW , i thinkk you wrong about the supply only gettin credit when they ask for it, but i'll im not positive, i think cmnd points are avg. of how well you team does, not what you drop, but like i said im not sayin im right. i've tried to figure it out, & lotsa posts been done on it, & i tried makin them request for everyhthing from vehicles to arty & supplies & found the cmnd score was allways the same the points dont move unless you r teams kickin butt.

over:salute:
                  Ah, got it. Well, depends on the situation. You should repair with the wrench if someone else needs a crate. But I guess dropping a crate is OK. Supply crates are not often demanded. Best is to have someone of your team repairing your assets.

You will not get points for dropping crates/arty/UAV/SCAN/vehicles even if demanded.
                  As far as I know the commander score is the average of teampoints gained by your team ( teampoints / players on team = commander score ).
                  So if you drop a supply crate to repair/heal you hinder your team scoring these points. If they don't get the point then you don't get the point.

FipZ

Comment

a definite no no imo, can't do the job properly if your fighting...and dieing. By all means i defend flags or sometimes go for them but dnt go into a huge battle

Comment

Having a blanket rule for what a commander can and can't do is just stupid.

If the teams are very small and he can nip across, and cap a flag to stop the ticket bleed then he should.

In vehicles? Many times when commanding I've had an enemy spec ops blow the assets, grab an idle tank and spawncamp my team. My response as commander was to go engineer and go around repairing in that tank, to stop the enemy doing that. If anyone asked for the tank I would have immediately handed it over.

If your team is small and you are losing then fighting and helping cap flags could turn it around.

Conversely if the team is losing, you are commanding and fighting, then you should stop and just command.

I've seen a team that's winning (with a commander commanding from a vehicle) lose because a mutiny vote succeeded and nobody took over.

Conversely I've seen a team lose (with a commander in a vehicle) because he did no commanding while the enemy commander did a great job of it.

If anyone wants rules to force commanders to realise their responsibility then that's still possible with rules...

Rule 1. Commanders must yield any vehicle they occupy when asked.
                      Rule 2. Commanders must dedicate themselves to commanding when asked.
                      Rule 3. If other activities (e.g. capping flags and fighting) impair your ability to command or respond to SL requests, you must cease those activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66 View Post
                        Rule 1. Commanders must yield any vehicle they occupy when asked.
                        Rule 2. Commanders must dedicate themselves to commanding when asked.
                        Rule 3. If other activities (e.g. capping flags and fighting) impair your ability to command or respond to SL requests, you must cease those activities.
                        agreed esspcially on pubs. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE IN THE COMMANDER SCREEN EVERY SECOND TO WIN.

Comment

Defending your base is really the only reason one would want to fight as a commander. On maps with cappable main flags I too sometimes take the tank, drive it into cover and do my dirty deeds from there. But really, situation warrants it.

Lets put it this way, you need to stay on the command screen for each second you possibly can.

This separates a player with extra toys from a commander whos actually useful to their team.

Comment

Working...
                          X