Out of Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Range

I changed my video settings to 1024 x 768 and now cant see anything when going into BF2 any ideas??

Thanks

Re: Out of Range

We're going to need more info than that.

Btw, what resolutions do you guys play on? I go with 1280x1024 and it makes an amazing graphical difference over the lower settings.

Comment

when i was in bf2 i changed the video settings, when i now go into bf2 the frequency is out of range as the settings are now too high, i need to get back into bf2 to change the settings back...do i have to reinstall the game or is there a way of getting into bf2 and changing them back?

This ONLY happens on bf2

Comment

I cannot honestly notice a difference above 1280x1024 on max graphics.

I play on completely maxed out and can't see anything different between 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
          I cannot honestly notice a difference above 1280x1024 on max graphics.

I play on completely maxed out and can't see anything different between 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.
          Try going from 1280x1024 to 1920x1440+, it's very noticeable, not so much 1600x1200.

Anyway, delete video.con in My Documents\Default\ and My Documents\0001\.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
            Try going from 1280x1024 to 1920x1440+, it's very noticeable, not so much 1600x1200.

Anyway, delete video.con in My Documents\Default\ and My Documents\0001\.
            Whats the full path to that folder?? my docs / bf2 / ?????

Edit: its cool i found it, will now give it another bash, cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
              Lol, i only have a 17" LCD at the mo!!!

What size screen uses 1920x1440?

I am contemplating getting a 20" at Jesus's Birthday.

Comment

Anything CRT and 19" or above, as for LCDs, the wallet rape would be too much to be justified.

Damn, my 17" LCD only goes up to 1280x1024. And it ghosts when I play BF2 and turn slowly. Very good colour though.

Comment

The only problem would be fitting a 20" LCD on my desk, let alone a CRT

Comment

You'll find space... I could barely fit a single LCD + keyboard on this desk, but hey, there's a bloody time machine on it now, with the old monitor right there, with about 50cm to spare

Comment

lol, I guess i could fit one in, plus at Uni, my desk should be bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                        Anything CRT and 19" or above, as for LCDs, the wallet rape would be too much to be justified.

Damn, my 17" LCD only goes up to 1280x1024. And it ghosts when I play BF2 and turn slowly. Very good colour though.
                        I have a similar LCD, 17" but I don't get ghosting, do you know what response time your monitor has?

Comment

I think anything above 16ms would suffer from ghosting.

Comment

I have a 19" lcd and the game runs fine in 1280x1024.

Comment

The delicious Eizo Flexscan S2411W-U 24" wide here. 8ms response time, the colour gamut/gradients is amazing thanks to it's 14-bit screen, and the build quality is rock solid. Plus the service (in the UK) behind the 5-year warranty is amazing. I had to send mine back to be repaired due to a screen fault, I got to borrow an indentical screen on lease whilst they fixed mine. Definitely the screen to get if you're an artist or avid photographer....and there's an HD version coming out.

Comment

Working...
                              X