New patch any time soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch any time soon?

Just like to state that I did a search about this but came up with nothing. Does anyone know if there is going to be another patch for BF2? Or was 1.4 the last patch....? When I saw the Highway Tampa come out for download I was thinking that was going to be the last "major" thing that EA was going to give the BF2 community as far giving new material. Anywa get back to me!

Re: New patch any time soon?

Sorry man, nothing new on the horizon.

Comment

Ea never tells us anything, they like to keep secrets. Its all surprises. They tend to give us content we dont even ask for.

Ea employee #1: The battlefield 2 community have numerous complaints, especially about the j-10/f35 imbalance. What do you suppose we do?

Ea employee #2: hm...................... Sorry what were you saying? oh right, lets release a new map!

Comment

1.41 is the final patch.

No serious producer would ever release a patch for a 2 year old game. Can you imagine the amount of potential problems they would be forced to fix if something went wrong? They completely messed up with Highway Tampa, although it was a very nice map.

Basically, bottom line is, i'm sure they would love to repatch it, they simply can't afford the risk of something going wrong and having to move their man power away from BF3 to focus on the dated BF2.

Comment

I feel sad for EA, really. They have so many bugs, but not enough to repatch, and too many to just leave it.

Comment

It's poor form to not patch a game with this many bugs. Shouldn't have been released in that state. The server browser has enough bugs alone.

Comment

having to move their man power away from BF3 to focus on the dated BF2.
              Wouldn't it be BF4 if it's not a specific date like 2142 and 1942?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848
                Wouldn't it be BF4 if it's not a specific date like 2142 and 1942?
                Tbh, it doesn't really matter

Comment

I know, but I've seen a lot of people calling the next game BF3.

Comment

When will BF2 finally die? It's still busy as ever after two years! I don't recall playing another game for such a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport View Post
                      When will BF2 finally die? It's still busy as ever after two years! I don't recall playing another game for such a long time...
                      When the next BF comes out. Lots of people say it will when ET:QW comes out, however, those games are nowhere near the same, so i don't believe it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport View Post
                        yeah thats true BUT if i really could find any games that are better than bf2 than i would concider start playing it... like ARMA i just watches few videos and it looks really good but people say its really buddy that aswell...

Comment

Originally posted by Dead1nside View Post
                          It's poor form to not patch a game with this many bugs. Shouldn't have been released in that state. The server browser has enough bugs alone.
                          Server browser software was created by GameSpy........

Comment

doubt bf2 will die anytime soon. my friends and i still play starcraft and cs1.6 still and thres a bunch of other ppl who do play it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                              Ea never tells us anything, they like to keep secrets. Its all surprises. They tend to give us content we dont even ask for.

Ea employee #1: The battlefield 2 community have numerous complaints, especially about the j-10/f35 imbalance. What do you suppose we do?

Ea employee #2: hm...................... Sorry what were you saying? oh right, lets release a new map!

I've seen plenty of people own J10's in a F35 including myself.. you just need to learn how to fly it so thats not a issue and one that needs to be addressed.

As another poster said too there isn't enough things wrong with game play or what have ya to issue a patch.

As for BF2 dying? Well it will prob happen when Crysis is released and everyone starts shifting over to better graphical games with the same game play.

Comment

Working...
                              X