Someone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help

My mate gave me bf2 and half way through installing it gets to a part were it says something like, stage/Dalian_plant or something and then it stops and says something and then goes failed to install start again from the beginning. Is there something i need to download to get past this error, there must be something beside for buying a new game.

Re: Someone help

Originally posted by mchammer49 View Post
    My mate gave me bf2 and half way through installing it gets to a part were it says something like, stage/Dalian_plant or something and then it stops and says something and then goes failed to install start again from the beginning. Is there something i need to download to get past this error, there must be something beside for buying a new game.
    is it scratch up? it should install uless your hard drive is full.

Comment

mmm, there are a few minor scratches. I tried to to just copy the files to my hard drive and when it got to copy the zip file (data 2) it stopped ill try giving it a clean and trying again.

Still nothing, i don't understand why it stops. Is there something i can download to fix it.

Comment

mmm, there are a few minor scratches. I tried to to just copy the files to my hard drive and when it got to copy the zip file (data 2) it stopped ill try giving it a clean and trying again.

Still nothing, i don't understand why it stops. Is there something i can download to fix it.
        if their is i donno what i'd be, im not a compute whiz , so maybe someone who knows more will answer, but only time that ever happn to me it was my disk.
        & yepp it was minor scratches....
        over :salute:

btw, you do have the hardware space? what are you specs?

Comment

if the scratches are causing the issue best thing to do is go to another "mates" game CD's and copy the one you have.. as long as you use your CD Key it won't matter...or you can contact EA to get em replaced..again as long as you have the CD KEY to prove you own the copy.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
            if the scratches are causing the issue best thing to do is go to another "mates" game CD's and copy the one you have.. as long as you use your CD Key it won't matter...or you can contact EA to get em replaced..again as long as you have the CD KEY to prove you own the copy.
            ok, i gotta couple questions on this, you mean burn another copy? i think u have to have special hardware, i never could burn on & it work, but i know it can be done if your savvy.
            #2, EA will replace a scatched CD? you mean for a price right? surely it aint free.

i had a game once, wouldnt install, had minor scratches, i got my friend who lives near me to bring his CD here & i installed the game on my pewter from his, & played the game with my CD & of course my Key. i still got that POS disk here somewhere. its a racing game.

Walmart sells a disk resurfacer for about 20 bucks, i heard their good. but like i said i'm not sure thats your problem, just say in could be.

over:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
              ok, i gotta couple questions on this, you mean burn another copy? i think u have to have special hardware, i never could burn on & it work, but i know it can be done if your savvy.
              #2, EA will replace a scatched CD? you mean for a price right? surely it aint free.

yeah you can burn a copy.. and I just used Nero last time I did it and worked fine. And yeah they will replace a scratched CD but I'm not sure if its charged but if it is its prob not much since the software isn't what your paying for ..its the CD KEY

Comment

Originally posted by sava700
                yeah you can burn a copy.. and I just used Nero last time I did it and worked fine. And yeah they will replace a scratched CD but I'm not sure if its charged but if it is its prob not much since the software isn't what your paying for ..its the CD KEY
                cool, thx, me & my bro in law tried forever to burn a papryus racin cd, closest we got was burning it with alchohol on the HD.

I dont worry too much im usually careful with the CD, but the replacing it is nice to know.

"Hey Thanks" :salute:

Comment

I don't think the scratches are the problem and i have a external hard drive so i got enough space, ill wait and see if ne one else has had this problem if not im stuffed i spose.

Comment

I don't think the scratches are the problem and i have a external hard drive so i got enough space, ill wait and see if ne one else has had this problem if not im stuffed i spose.
                    ok try this,

Comment

Working...
                    X