No announcement yet.

Snipers not supposed to take flags???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers not supposed to take flags???

Actually. It is.

You see, my squad operates on "hit, cap and run" technique which requires every man on the squad to get inside, cap it and GTFO ASAP. Theres no need for spotted enemies, theres no need to soften targets (1 target in 1 minute, no less). The thinking is done on macro level, which flag to attack, which one to defend. On the micro level, its face to face, 5 guys vs anyone on the flag cap radius. SQL, usually me, sits comfortably back with the AT kit.

I would rather take FPS skills over that one softened target.
    Well, I'm sorry to disagree with you there, but hey thats your choice. Your way probaby works and I'm not trying to put it down.. it's just that I know that having a sniper in a squad does miracles for me, whether it's me or someone else. I just think it's sad when people bring up the point that the sniper role is useless, blah blah. Every role has a purpose in my opinion.

Comment

Okay, lets take this one step farther. Why do people cap a flag and then instantly give it right back up?? We all know theses maps are that big and 9 times if of 10 when you cap a flag here comes people from the other team to get it back. Defense can create nice points as well as keeping your commander from getting frustrated watching everyone give up obectives!

Unfortunately, 9/10 players are dorks anyways that have little idea was strategy is to start with.

Comment

I remember i was a sniper and was one of the few troopers still alive, and when i went to cap a flag i placed both my claymores to protect myself from enemy. But none came and i raised the flag and as soon as my team mates spawn, two idiots just had to run into my claymores and gave me a nice punish :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by =RtW=BakinBitz View Post
          Okay, lets take this one step farther. Why do people cap a flag and then instantly give it right back up?? We all know theses maps are that big and 9 times if of 10 when you cap a flag here comes people from the other team to get it back. Defense can create nice points as well as keeping your commander from getting frustrated watching everyone give up obectives!
          Unfortunately, 9/10 players are dorks anyways that have little idea was strategy is to start with.
          Strategy? As in Napoleons strategy? Or Battlefield 2 strategy?

Flaghopping serves 2 purposes:

1) It gives my team a maximum ammount of desirable spawnpoints to stop/reverse ticketbleed, or have more options in an assault. In some cases, its better to flaghop and keep the enemy on the move, while the rest of the team grabs and keeps better flags. 6 man squad sacrificed to keep the whole teams options running is one hell of a bargain.

2) My squad is constantly in action, which means tons of fun.

Unfortunately dorks like you stick at a flag with a sniper kit equipped, watching how your last flag is being bombarded with jets, raped with choppers and simply ran over with infantry/armor combo.

My squad is giving you that chance to break free.

Game strategy 101, someone should put up a lesson for you.

Originally posted by blizzard84
          Every role has a purpose in my opinion.
          Every role has a purpose in a certain situation. Sniper role has no purpose when it comes to the way I play.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
            Needless to say, Ive always kicked snipers out of my squad.
            ...Fair enough, but do you ask them first to re-spawn as another kit, or do you just straight out kick them from your squad?

I know Chris and many others think the sniper kit is next-to useless, but for me it works, and I can be a useful asset to my team: counter-sniping, flag defends, and yes, flag caps if needed. Yes, I go lone-wolf a lot, and mainly because I know squads often don't need or want a sniper taking up a spot that could be filled by another medic/assault/AT etc.

If I want to help a squad, I will - just last night I saw a small squad of three trying to cap a flag, so I covered them from afar, picked off two enemy and spotted another for them.

To the original poster, unfortunately there are some players who get wrapped up in their own little "sniper god" world, and don't pay attention to the bigger picture. If I see we're down to a flag, or our last one has been capped, then I'll either try to take it back, or attempt to get to another less-defended flag and and cap that one...

Here's a quick true story, and I wish I'd had fraps running:
            Playing Sharqi, sniping from crane, (yes, it is still a good spot sometimes!), I see the our last flag has been capped. The MEC chopper comes in, rockets hit the crane but doesn't kill me. I jump up and parachute down and head for the Hotel, all the while shots are zinging by and I can hear the damn cannon from the MEC chopper, (can't have been a good gunner I must say!). I was the last on our team by this stage, but I dropped some clays near the hotel, and just ended up taking the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by =RtW=BakinBitz View Post

Happens alot, thats one reason i like the sniper kit, lay a claymore, some idiot will dive near the flag, allthough the flag will most likely be lost it will slow it down a bit.

and the engineer kit is good defence after a cap, i like to lay them on mapps with lotsa tanks like smokescreen.

alot like IO , i never play them, vehicles ya get killed alot in i know but i like to have fun with these kits, cap a flag & lay there waiting i just cant do. so i guess im guilty

over:salute:

Comment

Working...
              X