No announcement yet.

Snipers not supposed to take flags???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers not supposed to take flags???

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
    With 3000 kills in 200 hours and with 0.4 K/D, I guess we can say that you are an expert when it comes to chosing the right kit. FYI snipers should have more kills than deaths, unless you go sniper on a map full with armor, which evidently you do.
    no not an expert, never said i was, but i can get a flag with the sniper on that map, & its good map & youru right i do have lotsa deaths, this is my noob account, i died hell of alot & still die but not like when i started.
    BTW, i dont worry about stats, i play to win, capture flag, repiar when i know most like its gonna get me killed. so big deal if my stats aren't perfect like yours:shock:

Oh & i dont pad, to get my score or stat up there

Comment

I usually leave my camping site to capture a flag if I know nobodies going to spawn there and it's not too far out of my way.

Comment

i would be very annoyed if they did that whilst i was playing

Comment

I think that if your team is winning by that large a margin, and the other team only has 12 tickets left then the sniper probably thought that if he could get 12 kills then the round would end

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
            I think that if your team is winning by that large a margin, and the other team only has 12 tickets left then the sniper probably thought that if he could get 12 kills then the round would end
            well then hes probably not the most bright person in the world then is he.

Comment

dont blame all snipers like some have said before me they could have just been nubs. i like playing sniper while hidden but if i see im last on my team i will try to kill a guy and take his kit or just go with sniper and take a flag

Comment

Only use I've found for the sniper kit is ejecting noobs from jets and choppers with the M95 or for spamming clays on Karkand.

Comment

I too have always considered sniper kit to be useless, that was until Wookie clan. But they are still a rather shiny exception. Needless to say, Ive always kicked snipers out of my squad.

Comment

As a Commander, I am always amazed at the fact that some players simply don't care which side wins. They worry only about their own stats.

By design, the Sniper kit is "anti-teamwork" and a lone-wolf operation. That being said, as a Sniper, I will always try to take flags if needed. I wish others would, as well.

Comment

The point of the thread is not to flame against the snipers (I am too playing sniper quite often) but against the campers (which happened to be snipers in my case) that wouldn't move their butts to capture a flag so we can respawn, and we ended up losing a almost certain victory. Anybody can capture a flag including snipers, especially when there is nobody defending it. In my case everybody from the oposite team was concentrated around that last flag that we lost and there were many flags that we could've took if only the campers would do their job.

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
                      With 3000 kills and 8000 deaths I'm pretty sure that you are honest guy Tim and you don't pad, in fact you are probably the confused one that the stats padders keep killing and reviving to get their scores up there. But good job on taking flags even playing sniper, that's actually what I was talking about. If the members of my team in that round could understand that rather than thinking that the sniper is supposed to camp and wait for a lucky shot, we wouldn't have lost the round.

Comment

Needless to say, Ive always kicked snipers out of my squad.
                        not the greatest decision in the world is it. if the sniper is working with the rest of the squad he can be a valuable asset. I can't count the number of times I have saved the life of a fellow squadmember or made their kill easier while I took watch as they moved in for a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard84 View Post
                          not the greatest decision in the world is it. if the sniper is working with the rest of the squad he can be a valuable asset. I can't count the number of times I have saved the life of a fellow squadmember or made their kill easier while I took watch as they moved in for a flag.
                          Actually. It is.

You see, my squad operates on "hit, cap and run" technique which requires every man on the squad to get inside, cap it and GTFO ASAP. Theres no need for spotted enemies, theres no need to soften targets (1 target in 1 minute, no less). The thinking is done on macro level, which flag to attack, which one to defend. On the micro level, its face to face, 5 guys vs anyone on the flag cap radius. SQL, usually me, sits comfortably back with the AT kit.

I would rather take FPS skills over that one softened target.

Comment

Ive take many many flags while sniper, lay out some clays to protect me lay back and pull out my pistol and get ready for someone to come at you in cqc

but what I usually do on Wake is lay clays around the back of the building at the airfield flag, than hop in a jet, works very well to get a few flag defends while flying, it also alerts me to activity at the airfield when I have a crap commander

Ive gone to the carrier and sniped people enough that I was able to steal their jet or helo, when ground pounding Im usually AT or Spec-Ops anymore and sometimes medic but I will pull the sniper kit out if it gets to the point that its become a sniper battle between say North Base and North Village

Comment

sounds like a case of classic bf2 to me. whenever we get capped out and have 1 person left its always a sniper hiding somewhere. :hmm:
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz888 View Post
                                As a Commander, I am always amazed at the fact that some players simply don't care which side wins. They worry only about their own stats.
                                Played with lotsa peep like that,, most dont even know what side their on.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by opc_tim
                                With 3000 kills and 8000 deaths I'm pretty sure that you are honest guy Tim and you don't pad, in fact you are probably the confused one that the stats padders keep killing and reviving to get their scores up there. But good job on taking flags even playing sniper, that's actually what I was talking about. If the members of my team in that round could understand that rather than thinking that the sniper is supposed to camp and wait for a lucky shot, we wouldn't have lost the round.
                                LOL, well i just play to get ***, or heal/revive , repair, i rarely play to see how many kills i get, i still die alot tryn to fly , i still suck at that, its a fun game:nod:
                                over:salute:

Comment

Working...
                                X