n00b question about favorite server list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b question about favorite server list

As part of the Ringmaster localisation files it tells you to clear out logo cache and favorite servers list to speed up account log-in. Well mines taking an age, and I've found the logocache but is there an easy way apart from in-game to clear your fave server list?

Re: n00b question about favorite server list

Get a fast HDD! like a nice SATA2 drive.

Comment

I have two 10000 rpm raptors in RAID 0 mate, SATA II won't do me much good!

Comment

Then I am surprised you are complaining, you don't have much more you can do from what I can see them. Defrag? :laugh:

You could install a third party software like Qtracker, so you don't have to bother with the whole BF2 loading thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
          Then I am surprised you are complaining, you don't have much more you can do from what I can see them. Defrag? :laugh:

You could install a third party software like Qtracker, so you don't have to bother with the whole BF2 loading thing.
          I notice it when things aren't running as quick. Just fired up Diskeeper and it is in a bad state. Defrag ongoing :laugh:

Also just manually cleared out the list. See how it goes.

Comment

Yeah, got to love Diskeeper.

Wh00t!!! 3500 posts!

Edit: Also, if you are using Diskeeper, go into the options and run a boottime defrag. That might help some too.

Comment

Yeah will do mate.

Post whore! lol

Comment

For future reference, the favorites list is in the General.con file under each profile folder. Search for "addServerHistory" and "addFavoriteServer".

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                  For future reference, the favorites list is in the General.con file under each profile folder. Search for "addServerHistory" and "addFavoriteServer".
                  those files are in your /my documents/bf2/profiles/000x/ folders.

open up general.con in notepad and you can delete the lines containing your server history or favorites. then you should be able to login in seconds.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

or just dl bf2 cleaner...

Comment

Working...
                    X