• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ffolkes mod

bots are so retarted, nothing against ne one

Comment

Re: ffolkes mod

First let me say, great job with the mod ffolkes, my fav by far in bf2, or any other game for that matter.

Next it sounds like your trying to change the number of grenades right? or is it the slot the weapon is in? I'll try and answer both jic.

MAKE SURE YOUR ONLY MESSING WITH THE BF2 UNLOCKS .ZIP FILE IN THE UNLOCKS MOD FOLDER. That is very important.

Use wordpad for editing (I think someone mentioned that already)

If your changing the slot location, make sure it is a valid slot and that the "item index #" in the weapons tweak file (ex:mods/UNLOCKS123/BF2UNLOCKS.ZIP/weapons/handheld/usgl_m203/usgl_m203.tweak) is 4 or whatever your trying to make it fit in, or it wont work.

The original mods/bf2/clientdata/weapons/handheld/usgl_m203.tweak file should show it as a slot 4 for the grenade launcher, and slot 3 for the rifle itself (they are treated as two different entities) so in that case just copy and paste the name (ex usgl_m203, or usrif_m203) into the US assault kit in the 4rth or 3rd line of the weapons slots, replacing what is already there, example.

^a bunch of other code lines above this.

..random script... (weapon name)
      ..random script... (weapon name)
      ..random script... (weapon name) Replace this with slot 3's, "usrif_m203" or whatever its called.
      ..random script... (weapon name) Replace this with slot 4's, "usgl_m203" or whatever its called

Next, for # of grenades, open the usgl_m203 or usgl_m2031 (not sure which is used, check the kit to see) tweak file and look for something like max ammo in the 3rd or so paragraph, then change the # to whatever. Make SURE that the weapon in "kits" is the same as the tweak file weapon your changing, some are called usgr_m2031 difference being the 1 at the end, I think ffolkes did this for compatability with vanilla bf2 reasons.

If the usgl_m203 is not in the weapons folder in the BF2_UNLOCKS.ZIP file, it is in the mod/bf2 /clientarchives folder, in which case I HIGHLY recommend not messing with it, unless you back that file up twice, because first, you will not be able to play with anyone not using the same tweaked gamedata as you, (singleplayer is still an option), second this can be very frustrating when troubleshooting if you play around with anything else, and third future patches/mods might not work. My advice, dont mess with anything in the mods/bf2 folder, but if you must, like I said back it up twice.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X