ffolkes mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffolkes mod

I have the ffolkes mod. I am trying to change my weapons slots. I have heard that I can change this by changing some of the stuff in the kits section. If anyone knows what i'm talkin about and can help me, tell me. Thanks.

Re: ffolkes mod

What exactly do you want to change? See here for some background info:

Also, this should really have been posted in the Modding forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
      What exactly do you want to change? See here for some background info:

Also, this should really have been posted in the Modding forum.
      Oh yeah sorry. The first link is what I am talking about when I look, the numbers show the order it should be in the original version of the game. For example the m203 rifle is 3rd and the m203 grenade launcher is 4th.

Comment

What do you want to change exactly? Or did you get all the info you need from the links?

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
          What do you want to change exactly? Or did you get all the info you need from the links?
          Well what I wanted to do is change the number of m203 but the number shown is 3. Yet in the game it is 8. I'm not sure why.

Comment

FFOLKES' mod changes the ItemIndex of many weapons; that's how he fits all the unlocks into a single kit. If he has the M203 (M16) rifle at 8 and you want it to be 3 you'll need to edit the .tweak file and change it to 3 and also either change the index of what is currently at 3 or just eliminate it from the kit.

Comment

FFOLKES' mod changes the ItemIndex of many weapons; that's how he fits all the unlocks into a single kit. If he has the M203 (M16) rifle at 8 and you want it to be 3 you'll need to edit the .tweak file and change it to 3 and also either change the index of what is currently at 3 or just eliminate it from the kit.
              Okay I understand everything except the last part. Just what exactly do I change in the .tweak file? BTW thanks for all the help.

Comment

Search for "itemindex". In vanilla BF2 it would be:
                ObjectTemplate.itemIndex 3

Each kit can have only one item with a given index. Be extra careful when modifying items that are in multiple kits like knives, pistols, C4, and claymores since changing their index will affect all the kits using them.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                  Search for "itemindex". In vanilla BF2 it would be:
                  ObjectTemplate.itemIndex 3

Each kit can have only one item with a given index. Be extra careful when modifying items that are in multiple kits like knives, pistols, C4, and claymores since changing their index will affect all the kits using them.
                  When I change the number it says that it may contain features which are not compatable with plain text format.

Comment

What are you using to edit it? It's a plain text file so the only things you would lose are things that shouldn't be in the file anyway. I normally use MS WordPad.

Comment

What are you using to edit it? It's a plain text file so the only things you would lose are things that shouldn't be in the file anyway. I normally use MS WordPad.
                      I just now used word pad and it did not say the plain text thing anymore. Still it did not work though.

Comment

I'm guessing that this can't be used in multiplayer, so what's the point?

bump because I'm curious

Comment

Originally posted by repub21 View Post
                          I just now used word pad and it did not say the plain text thing anymore. Still it did not work though.
                          Exactly how did it 'not work'? Did it crash the game or was there just no change? How did you make the change?
                          Did you extract the file from the .zip and put it back after editing or extract the whole zip and re-create it? What zip program are you using?

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner View Post
                          I'm guessing that this can't be used in multiplayer, so what's the point?

bump because I'm curious
                          Believe it or not, some people do play SP and co-op in Battlefield games. There's even a whole forum dedicated to it (http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ex.php?act=idx ).

Comment

Yea, because playing against the bots is so hard. :shakehead:

Comment

Actually all my Unlock mods can be played in Single-Player, Co-op, LAN, and hosted on an unranked server for Multi-Play.

Off you go lad...

Comment

Working...
                              X