360 controller compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 controller compatability?

hey guys, new to the forum, hoping to make some friends, looking for advice and help! i'm wondering if the xbox 360 controller works with (or is any good with) BF2, on foot, in jets and choppers or any combination thereof. and if it does work, can someone help me set it up? (Vista machine, btw)

Re: 360 controller compatability?

Why would you want to use the controller? You'd just get completely owned by everyone else.

Oh, and please post in the proper section, thanks.

Comment

i thought this was the proper section (sorry) and i just want to try the controller for choppers and jets, not really on foot. i said hey, why not try it out, if i get owned i just switch back huh?

Comment

If you want to fly jets and choppers without a mouse then joystick is the way to go

Comment

well a joystick i havealready, the logitech extreme 3D pro, but friends of mine G.Exodus, and AKAMojado use gamepads that are like 360 controller, and they own choppers with them. so the 360 controller is USB, i was wondering if it would work and how.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            well a joystick i havealready, the logitech extreme 3D pro, but friends of mine G.Exodus, and AKAMojado use gamepads that are like 360 controller, and they own choppers with them. so the 360 controller is USB, i was wondering if it would work and how.

if its USB controlled, just plug it in, go into your options, then controls (in bf2 game now) then hit aircraft or heli what ever or both, like you have primary & secondary keys, example pitch fwd, primary i think is mouse, 2nd dary is Up key. U would highlight the secondary & hit escape key to erase it, then press the key on the controller that u want to use to pitch fwd.

over:salute:

Comment

just as a vote, the game pad will suck for on foot.

Comment

yeah i don't really intend to use it on foot, and i tried to change the controls already, nothing happens. i plugged it in, vista said it was downloading drivers, i clicked ok. when it was done i started BF2 and went to my options, controls, aircraft and clicked on Fire and pulled the 360s right trigger... nothing changed or happened. i dunno! but thanks for your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  yeah i don't really intend to use it on foot, and i tried to change the controls already, nothing happens. i plugged it in, vista said it was downloading drivers, i clicked ok. when it was done i started BF2 and went to my options, controls, aircraft and clicked on Fire and pulled the 360s right trigger... nothing changed or happened. i dunno! but thanks for your help guys
                  welp, vista says it all for me, i donno ding fart about that, iheard its all different so that might be the problem, cause if its usb enabled controller i dont see why it wouldnt work unless it conflicts some how, but my moneys on vista.

& dito butler said.

over:salute:

Comment

lol, ok thanks for the help guys, looks like i will have to stick with mouse and key for choppers (i just got my joy for jets, lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X