Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Macro Question/s

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
    You will also see people using auto-fire macros. Sometimes, people with superfast pistol shots are a sign someone might be using a macro (sometimes, so don't charge off making accusations). But because guns like the AK can get out of hand in full auto, people will sometimes run a macro on single shot to optimize the fire rate of a the AK into bursts in single shot. This allows them to get very precise shots quickly without too much deviation.
    and that brings me to the following question: Why the fcuk haven`t I thought of that? Gonna use it now.

Comment

There is a reason snipers aren't in clanwars, because they give nothing to their team unless they hack.

Comment

Basically the only advantages they have now is the example that RocketChild gave. In the hands of experienced players using a macros that auto fires single shots is simply devastating.

Also to add to what Dairuka stated. Also check if that person is running with a squad. You'ld be surprised what one can accomplish with a competent squad. Now if the guy is doing 70-3 in a one man locked squad then its time to start questioning. Its not impossible but more improbable.

Comment

Macros are just a legal version of hacking in my book. It's just another way to give a person an "edge" over another.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29 View Post
            Basically the only advantages they have now is the example that RocketChild gave. In the hands of experienced players using a macros that auto fires single shots is simply devastating.

Also to add to what Dairuka stated. Also check if that person is running with a squad. You'ld be surprised what one can accomplish with a competent squad. Now if the guy is doing 70-3 in a one man locked squad then its time to start questioning. Its not impossible but more improbable.
            its not though, this is a common misconception. you can only fire the gun so fast in the game, if you press the fire button faster than the engines minimun delay time it simply wont register. a perfect example is to rapidly press the fire button 10 times in a row, as fast as you can,only half of your clicks are going to register because the others didn't have enough delay between them.

i set up a single shot macro this morning, i could honestly do a much faster and efferent job using my index finger on the mouse button than the macro, not to mention that now the fire button for than macro was on the keyboard and in my left hand, very unnatural feeling.

just because someone can empty a clip from a pistol or single shot very fast doesn't mean its a macro, i can honestly fire a pistol faster free hand than any macro ever could.

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
            Macros are just a legal version of hacking in my book. It's just another way to give a person an "edge" over another.

that logic is flawed though. what about the people that have been playing the game a year longer than someone else, they clearly have the "edge" so is being skilled or having more play time considered a hax? same with people with better hardware, i mean if i have 4 raptor harddrives in raid does that mean im haxing because i can load into the room much faster?

its a slippery slope once you start going down it and better hardware certainly gives a person more of an "edge" than a macro ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
              its not though, this is a common misconception.
              But that is the thing..I believe there is a macro for your mouse clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                There is a reason snipers aren't in clanwars, because they give nothing to their team unless they hack.
                i generally disagree. admittedly, i dont have a lot of clan war experience, however in one game i was playing on mashtuur, my team was being decimated. The main reason was that 3-4 enemies were in a building mowing down anyone who went in the street from far away. (this was bf2 pro so the guns are more accurate) they would kill us before we could get in grenade range or shoot back. I went sniper and started picking them off. yes, they got revived, but the distraction was enough that my team could get by.

Comment

But that is the thing..I believe there is a macro for your mouse clicks.
                  there is but im pretty sure they get you punkbuster boot since the 1.3 patch. theres one called autohotkeys, you could set it so while you held down your scroll wheel you basically didnt need to click to change direction on the tvguided, just hold in the mouse wheel and move the mouse around. you could also set it for a perfect c4 toss or dolphin dive but that all changed with the last patch. im pretty sure that those programs give you the pb boot since the run from memory but doing those things i would agree is an unfair advantage but simply 3 key combos and things like that are not a detriment to gameplay.

i was seriously shocked when i tried my zboard today and the macro feature worked, they never used to but finally started in the latest zengine update but you cant do anything too intricate with the zboard like those 3rd party macro programs can do.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                    im pretty sure they get you punkbuster boot since the 1.3 patch. .
                    Ah yes...I thought they had made strides to correct it in a recent patch. I still get the occasional pistol whipping and while I am lying there dead I got, WTF just hit me?! I am not using Logitech for anything and I was wondering if they still were getting around the PB stuff by calling it a "Driver feature" or some **** like that.

Also, OCZ came out with a mouse that was designed to have an auto-tap feature hardwired into the firmware. The mouse has some flaws but after they refine it up, it will blur the line further.

Comment

Ah yes...I thought they had made strides to correct it in a recent patch. I still get the occasional pistol whipping and while I am lying there dead I got, WTF just hit me?! I am not using Logitech for anything and I was wondering if they still were getting around the PB stuff by calling it a "Driver feature" or some **** like that.

Also, OCZ came out with a mouse that was designed to have an auto-tap feature hardwired into the firmware. The mouse has some flaws but after they refine it up, it will blur the line further.
                      ah yes,has a double fire or triple threat button or something.

Comment

I have a macro feature in my Copperhead drivers. Not sure how to use it, but if I need to I suck and should quit gaming..

Comment

Working...
                        X