Is Battlefield 2 a "messy" game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Battlefield 2 a "messy" game?

I'm completely new to the FPS genre, so I don't know much about Counter-Strike or any other shooter for that matter. All I know is that Battlefield 2 is one hell of a fun game and I think I will continue to be addicted to it for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
      BF2 IS more realistic than CS. Cmon.. You cant kill ppl on the other side of a stone wall with M4. Also, nades in CS are ridiculous(sp?) You can literally stand on top of one and dont survive.
      Load of crap.

If you're going to base this on the number of scenarios that arent real, BF2 takes the cake.

Comment

It's a very messy game. Everytime I play I keep sweating, my adrenaline level is high, same with my heart beat. Wen I play more that 1 hour I get a headache and my eyes are popping out. In order words I'm a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
          Load of crap.

If you're going to base this on the number of scenarios that arent real, BF2 takes the cake.
          Well cmon, hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
            Well cmon, hit me.
            In BF2 I have a medical degree with the most efficient equipment ever known, I also happen to be a TOPGUN pilot, being trained to fly and drive all vehicles I ever encounter without ever having been in one before, and I can make other soldiers magically appear next to me when in need. F*ck me if I'm going to be able to slide down this 2ft hill without hurting myself though.

Comment

The more I play it the more I can see it to be "messy" to a newcomer. Tonight for example, how hard is it when the other team only has one flag on Wake to strafe the spawn points in a jet and rack up a ton of kills without even dropping a single bomb, I got ALOT of time on Wake (over 500 hours, its to me like Karkand is to nade spammers) so you tend to learn all the spawn points, all the hiding places and you sorta know "when one of your flags goes neutral JUST where the idiot trying to cap the flag is hiding"

But Ive seen worse games.

Comment

I wouldn't say messy, it's more lonewolfish than cs.

In a cs match you stick to strats every round. Take specific routes to bombsites etc, where bf2 is much different. I can see how a cs player could call bf2 messy.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                  BF2 IS more realistic than CS. Cmon.. You cant kill ppl on the other side of a stone wall with M4. Also, nades in CS are ridiculous(sp?) You can literally stand on top of one and dont survive.
                  In bf2, you don`t need a stone wall, the weapons can`t hit s*it anyway.
                  Btw, those arent frag grenades in CS, so that failed.

Comment

BF2 was never meant to be, and was never supported as, a competitive game. I think that's where their real stance is on BF2 being messy.

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                    In bf2, you don`t need a stone wall, the weapons can`t hit s*it anyway.
                    Btw, those arent frag grenades in CS, so that failed.
                    Part luck, and part skill. CS is a twitch shooter, which means it takes fast reflexes and good aim to get anywhere. There is no cone of fire, but rather deviation and recoil. Which can both be learned depending on the weapon. If you know someone is behind a wall/door/box, you can spam it and get a kill. You CAN do this in BF2, but it's much more limited. You can shoot through opaque objects such as wooden/metal fences, and where a bullet WOULD normally penetrate through the corner of the wall(like in Source), BF2 never supported walling.

It's a tough battle, CS vs BF2. If you want a fast paced, tactical, twitchy, competitive shooter, then you play CS. If you want a large-scale game, with limitless gameplay, and action nearly every second, a game that doesn't require that much thinking, a great public game, you go for BF2.

I choose CS. Why? Because I don't like to play for fun(well, I do, but I'd rather play competitively). CS has had, and will have, a very long competitive life. Whereas BF2s was very short-lived. CS rewards good aim, vision, and reflex. BF2 levels the playing field for everybody and is a very easy game to become decent at. It's simply too random to be anything more than a Public Joe game.

Comment

Working...
                    X