Is Battlefield 2 a "messy" game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Battlefield 2 a "messy" game?

CS isn't the end all, be all of competitive play.

It is however, the easiest to cheat at.

No wonder they refuse to leave CS.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
      the CS players just ***** because BF2 takes skill and they can't use their pro l33t skills to win in it
      That doesnt make any sense. Its not no much skill thats required in BF2, its the ability to adapt to its dodgy characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
        CS players are morons imo. It's a very linear, run and gun game. It is also more fast paced. BF2 requires a different kind of skill. It's more realistic than CS (not actually realistic, just more than CS is).
        See, that's exactly it: CS is a simpleton's game, at least as compared with BF2. Saying the game is messy is their way of declaring how unfit or unprepared they are for the experience.

Before anyone comments on my lack of experience in the former, I played from Beta 6 all the way up to Source and competed in CAL-O and IM in 1.6, so I know what I'm talking about.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

Comment

When you first start bf2....it's like playing call of duty with a new level every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
            Day of Defeat!

I can hardly stand CS anymore, it was good way back, but nowadays it's like playing Tetris.
            I agree. DoD has just enough strategy involved to make it insanely fun. CS is ridiculously repetitive and gets stale. DoD is nice though.

CS would be like playing Tetris if playing Tetris wasn't fun.

Comment

BF2`s infantry sucks, period. CS and BF2 shouldn`t be even compared when it comes to Lan and inf.

BF2 being more realistic than CS comment made me giggle though.

Comment

I guess I can understand why to new comers BF2 seems "messy".

What you have to understand is that running organized competive rounds takes time and patience. Simple things like being organized and planned assaults can be a daunting task for new comers. Simply because of just how open BF2 is. Only with time and practice will BF2 become linear (sorta). Only parts of BF2 become linear while the majority is basically an open free roaming "mess".

Another word for "messy" in this case is "sloppy". Gameplay and teamplay will be sloppy and hardly enjoyable for the competetive CS crowds.

Comment

also CS doesnt have the different options such as jets helies and tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                    See, that's exactly it: CS is a simpleton's game, at least as compared with BF2. Saying the game is messy is their way of declaring how unfit or unprepared they are for the experience.

Before anyone comments on my lack of experience in the former, I played from Beta 6 all the way up to Source and competed in CAL-O and IM in 1.6, so I know what I'm talking about.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way.
                    oh noes not cal-o.

Comment

In BF you have to be able to take advantage of constantly changing situations. Being good in BF has a lot to do with recognizing and making the most of any opprotunities presented rather than just raw reflexes or a specific plan. This holds true even in competition where good decision making can trump fast reflexes. CS is more about small incremental things each needing to be refined and combined with fast reflexes in a specific way to maximize your effectiveness. Almost all of the "decisions" are actually made before the match. The rest is just execution and reflexes.

Also the BF guns' lack of accuracy makes most CS players cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by conway
                        oh noes not cal-o.
                        Yeah, for one season, smart guy.

After that I was IM in a few clans and was about to go main before I decided to call it quits. :nod:

Comment

BF2 relies more on thinking/strategy
                          CS relies on reflexes

Comment

War is messy. And chaotic, unpredictable, and imprecise as well. The bullets don't act like laser beams, sometimes the claymores don't go off, and once in a while you survive something you shouldn't, or get a head shot when you didn't try for one.

I like the chaos.

Comment

BF2s battlefield is exactly that, a battlefield, CS is more urban/limited, i can see why they think its 'messy' because gameplay is way less scripted/boring

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post

BF2 being more realistic than CS comment made me giggle though.
                                BF2 IS more realistic than CS. Cmon.. You cant kill ppl on the other side of a stone wall with M4. Also, nades in CS are ridiculous(sp?) You can literally stand on top of one and dont survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X