Connection has been lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection has been lost.

That's all i keep getting in the game. I'll be be playing for 10 mintues then there it goes. Could it perhaps be Another god dange Comcast problem?!?!?!?!?!?

It has only been like that today

Re: Connection has been lost.

Originally posted by reynolddog View Post
    That's all i keep getting in the game. I'll be be playing for 10 mintues then there it goes. Could it perhaps be Another god dange Comcast problem?!?!?!?!?!?

It has only been like that today
    want my opinion, ditch the cable & get DSL, i tell ya why, i donnno where u live, but i had cable & at the "Peak Hours" it slows down to allmost a crawl, im talkin 2-3hundread kbps, not the 3meg ur suppost to get.
    i called comcast, they said well we got 8000 peep on your line to & when 8000 get on it slows down. I told them they were false advertising their krap & canceled & got me some DSL its regular anyway.

cya

Comment

Well I have DSL and even then it sometimes disconnects me from the server, so I'd have to say it's not really a dsl/cable thing. But as stated, could most likely be the ammount of people you have to share the connection with.

Comment

Ok. Makes sense Since the VERY HOT and Very rainy weather people will use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Armitageman View Post
          Well I have DSL and even then it sometimes disconnects me from the server, so I'd have to say it's not really a dsl/cable thing. But as stated, could most likely be the ammount of people you have to share the connection with.
          true, lotsa prob's will cause that, i wasnt really saying that was his, but could be, i donno where he lives, but i live in sw. va. and even the cable guy (yeah his name isnt' larry ) said that he wanted to have DSL (he lives on mountain) because of this.
          maybe be different in different area's, but if you go cable, wait till a busy night or after school on a cold day when all the kids jump on mysapce about 6oclcok on & go to speakeasy or somewhere & see if ur gettin those megs ur promised. yeah on monday moring u will get 'em , they fly.

i been thru that & it really pisssd me off.

hope u find out the problem though.
          over:salute:

Comment

Yah it's working fine now. While we were doign soem Housework we saw the Comcast guy otu and heard him say to a neighboor "Heat Can affect Cable" I guess that affects the Internet too. (We have comvast.Cable,internet.) We live in florida BTW

Comment

Yah it's working fine now. While we were doign soem Housework we saw the Comcast guy otu and heard him say to a neighboor "Heat Can affect Cable" I guess that affects the Internet too. (We have comvast.Cable,internet.) We live in florida BTW

it might be differnet there, werere in mountains, it suks, but check ur speed from time to time of evening if it doesnt drop to crawl then ur ok.

our cable couldnt even run my sons xbox live , the MTU was too low

Comment

Happened again 3 mins ago....

God danget i keep getting it! I just crashed to desktop Last time i played!

Comment

Originally posted by reynolddog
                  Happened again 3 mins ago....

God danget i keep getting it! I just crashed to desktop Last time i played!
                  well it might not be comcast, might bee too, did u check ur speed when it crashed? open a window & get speakeasy page up, then start ur game & if it crashes just hit the test speed button & see what it says, check it at normal times to see what is normal. & if its way low then u probably got same probably i had.

your not gettin any error messages? just poof & its gone, or does it just go back to the multiplayer???

but try doing a good cleaning, delete your BF cache's , do a good cleaning of ur whole PC with CCleaner or something, scan registry for errors, do a defrag, and then see if that helps, nuttin else it just good to do that ever now & then to clean it up.

besta luck.

Comment

I have vista. iwas checking Arround on performance and saw That the network thign said"1Mbps" odd.

Comment

I have vista. iwas checking Arround on performance and saw That the network thign said"1Mbps" odd.
                      Thats slow, not crawling, but slow, it probably gets slower from minute to fast again pretty quick intervils, go here http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
                      click the seatlle link & see what it says on normal hours & try it a few times when its peak times like 7pm up till 12 or so of evening, mainly when all the kids are not in school & at home is peak times.

reason i say seattle is cause for me & probably lotsa peep on east coast it will be the slowest , like i get over 3megs there, & if i hit say atlanta i get close to 4megs, thats kickin for DSL.

hope u get it figured out, but with vista i seen so many posts on how that thing runs games like krap it might be ur trouble. might make sure its not a speed thing then repost so some of those peep who are smart with vista might know cause i never even lookked at it so i no help there.
                      besta luck dude.:salute:

Comment

Seattle at 8:06 Download Speed: 2813 kbps (351.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
                        Upload Speed: 1585 kbps (198.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Atlanta At 8:07

Download Speed: 13782 kbps (1722.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
                        Upload Speed: 1596 kbps (199.5 KB/sec transfer rate

What do you think?

Comment

Seattle at 8:06 Download Speed: 2813 kbps (351.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
                          Upload Speed: 1585 kbps (198.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Atlanta At 8:07

Download Speed: 13782 kbps (1722.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
                          Upload Speed: 1596 kbps (199.5 KB/sec transfer rate

What do you think?
                          thats fast, if it is that fast all the time then thats not ur prob, i'd search the vista threadss, & if u cant figure out if any problem sthere i'd repost & ask again , make sure u mention vista in thread, i don think u did at first if i remmber right.

but check that speed from time to time just to make sure

cya:salute:

Comment

Ok... It's fine now The deleting The cache Help. God where whould we all be without forums?

Happened again...It seams as thoughi cant play 50+ minutes are it gives me the message.

Comment

Ok... It's fine now The deleting The cache Help. God where whould we all be without forums?

Happened again...It seams as thoughi cant play 50+ minutes are it gives me the message.
                              that suks for sure, like i said i'd keep checkin my speed, does it do it anytime during the day? if so probably not the ISP & probably some vista problem. is this a new comp.? bf2 worked good for a while & now it just acting up? or you had just got game? sry if u allreadyy said i mighta forgot.

hey try reposting with vista in thread so maybe someone will see that & help if it is a vista prob. like "connection lost i use vista, Help "

cya:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X