I wish I could fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could fly

In bf2142 I owned the skies... now when I take off in a jet in BF2 (I went from 1942 -> 2142 -> BF2) I almost always get shot or crash.

:cry:

How long does it take before you can actually do some damage in Wake or Gulf of Oman?

Re: I wish I could fly

Short version: Get a joystick.

Long version: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...nglish+teacher

Comment

5 minutes if you got a joystick and you hop in a J10. Maybe 4.

Comment

Don't bother get a joystick, I heard that its a lot harder to get used to. My brother is a really good pilot and he uses a keyboard. Just go on single player on one of the maps with a jet and just practice. Practice makes Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by lewdis
          Don't bother get a joystick, I heard that its a lot harder to get used to. My brother is a really good pilot and he uses a keyboard. Just go on single player on one of the maps with a jet and just practice. Practice makes Perfect.

PRACTICE

Comment

Create local server and fly away

Comment

i wish i was the owned of Playboy Mansion or however its spelled

Comment

Originally posted by lewdis
                do not pay any attention to these people if you want to be a dominate pilot

a joystick or game pad user can out maneuver a keyboarder any day in a jet, a helicopter thats a little different. Look around in the tips and tricks or do some searching on these forums

Comment

Oh... So if you buy a stick your F35 will magically transform itself into a J10??

YOU CAN FLY JUST AS GOOD WITH A STICK THAT YOU CAN WITH KB&M!

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                    Oh... So if you buy a stick your F35 will magically transform itself into a J10??

YOU CAN FLY JUST AS GOOD WITH A STICK THAT YOU CAN WITH KB&M!
                    you have no idea what you're talking about if you truly think that.

Comment

Or try both and see what fits you better.

Comment

the problem with the keyboard and mouse is that when you are using the mouse you can not constantly turn in a spiral as easily as you can with the arrow keys and a joystick and the movements with a joy stick are more precise. Not only that all the buttons are right there were one hand can push them.

Comment

Buttons you need to fly a jet:

A, W, D, S, C, F, CTRL, Shift, right/left mouse buttons.

You can easily reach all of those with your hands. Oh, and KB&M is better for your MG accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                            Oh, and KB&M is better for your MG accuracy.
                            Yep. Thats the only real advantage that KB&M gives over a stick.

Comment

Question though....You say practice makes perfect. But if nobody is perfect....why practice? *ponders*

Comment

Working...
                              X