Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few comments on POE2 v1.8

Musical Chairs!

Theres no way to describe the gameplay other than that. This still hasn't been addressed and surely is a long term gameplay issue with the game?

Armour spawns so fast after destroying it that you end up running out of ammo trying to destroy it on an enemy base hoping to hell that before the flag is taken, no enemy spawn and jump in it.

Swarms of sniper squads attack bases, then drive off in the armour!!! Since when are snipers qualified tank drivers? Admittedly the crewman request system in PR sort of spoils those of us who have become used to it, but the speed of armour respawn and the availability of all armour for those hordes of snipers to drive off in is not going to keep players in the mod for very long.

A lot of gameplay issues are down to the players storming around looking for kills obviously. Then not entering bases to cap them This harks back to the musical chairs format of base capping in vBF2. Seems a bit strange there that one lone sniper (sic) can enter an empty base and cap it. Needing larger numbers of troops to cap flags is necessary to slow the game down maybe and stop it being an armour/air whorefest that just leaves a vanilla buzzing in your ears and a headache to boot.

Some maps have far too many avenues of approach. Enemy come from everywhere and there is no skill involved, just point and shoot. That sort of gameplay will become very boring, very fast. Again another way to lose the community in the medium term.

I'm not slagging the work that's been done, but I think most people will agree that the gameplay issues in vanilla is what stimulates the need for mods and without gameplay, players will leave (especially with Dice's soul destroying stats system of gameplay) In the end, the populous will return to whatever they were doing before and that's not good for this mod or the community in general. We have to drag the vanilla players away from that steaming pile of cow dung they play and keep them!

Re: A few comments on POE2 v1.8

sadly, i have to agree... that's why i play SINGLEPLAYER!!! yay! just to get away from all the idiots out there. no offense to some of you good folks out there but those of you who im talking about.... you know who you are... yeah ive also notice how strict some admins on some servers are who kick me for like accidental tk's especially with the portable tank artillery... you have no clue where its gonna go until its too late... :hmm: so yeah, its kinda turning out to be just another version of BF2 and not like some SUPER MOD i thought it would become! but keep it up guys I STILL LOVE THIS MOD!!! i also have one suggestion, actually 2 but anyway cau you guys do something that's never been done before like do at least one map where all three armies are against each other... at least for single player mode.. i think that would be awsome... and i also think that some extra maps would be nice which im sure the team is working on... thx for all you do! but im looking forward to see some GREAT improvements out of you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex
      sadly, i have to agree... that's why i play SINGLEPLAYER!!! yay! just to get away from all the idiots out there. no offense to some of you good folks out there but those of you who im talking about.... you know who you are... yeah ive also notice how strict some admins on some servers are who kick me for like accidental tk's especially with the portable tank artillery... you have no clue where its gonna go until its too late... :hmm: so yeah, its kinda turning out to be just another version of BF2 and not like some SUPER MOD i thought it would become! but keep it up guys I STILL LOVE THIS MOD!!! i also have one suggestion, actually 2 but anyway cau you guys do something that's never been done before like do at least one map where all three armies are against each other... at least for single player mode.. i think that would be awsome... and i also think that some extra maps would be nice which im sure the team is working on... thx for all you do! but im looking forward to see some GREAT improvements out of you guys!
      you seem to be playing on the WRONG servers.. I suggest playing on ours as we don't apply stupid rules on it and would rather you play the MOD as its made and have fun!

as for your suggestions the 3 army deal wouldn't work since its in the coding and thats EA's thing and how the game is designed. The other is I'm sure they are working on more maps but will release one here and there to keep interest. In the mean time I again invite you to our server to have some good fun without the stupid rules you would rather not have forced on you.

Ip# 69.13.112.81 Default port

Comment

Never mind servers, you seem to be playing the wrong mod.
        This mod isn't PR, stop trying to play it like it is.

The idea is vanilla gameplay with new content.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate View Post

Aye, that'll do. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Comment

MrD I mean really, every mod has its own game play and uniqueness to it, its the reason why PR is around in the first place. Just accept the fact that not every person likes realistic, slow paced game play like PR. Like it or lump it, same thing goes with players for PR. It is really embarrassing to see you post stuff like this when you have "PR mod team" in blue under your name too....

I fully support what the POE team are doing and think they are doing a really superb job at it!

Comment

i dont even know what you mean... no offense of course. but sorry to say that project reality won't even work on my computer..

Comment

Negative. We removed a ton of the crap from vanilla such as the lame UAV, commander point and click arty, and other things. While we added in our own counter measure system, balanced the sides without mirror balance, made our weapons accurate and deadly, decreased flag number on maps for more condensed fire fights, and a whole slew of other new features.

Of course its more like Vanilla than PR, but still is nothing like Vanilla.

I think PR is a great mod and for realism that is what people should play. But PoE offers something different with a mix of realism and arcade where gameplay > realism. We are always working to improve the mod like all the others out there but within what objective is for the mod.

Thanks for trying our mod and thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD View Post
                  Musical Chairs!

Blah blah blah.

There seems to be no shortage of ignorance on behalf of PR folks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I need to let you know that I teach tactics/MOUT in real life. Yes, I'm a military badass in the real world ( that means I'm on active duty) and I can honestly say, that PR has it ALL wrong. Even poor Rhino, whom I adore, has been lead astray.

You PR folks think that a slow pace equals realism....and you couldn't be any more wrong.

Surprise
                  Speed
                  Violence of Action

Notice the second element...speed. In the real world, you don't have time to think, only react. Fast paced gameplay mimics the real world.

If you or any of your kind would like to debate the realism qualities of PR over a RECORDED VENT or TEAMSPEAK server, please...oh god please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
                    You PR folks think that a slow pace equals realism....and you couldn't be any more wrong.
                    this is going off topic but that is not according to our bunch of mil advisors who do/have surved in the military and all agree that PR is the most realistic thing they have every played. And I know for a fact they work in the military since I did go and see UK_Force (one of our top mil advisors) at Bovington camp around a month ago which there is a news post on the front page of TBF2 some where about it

aswell as talking to the army folk there who have played PR that also all say it is very like real life. Yes maybe AAS is not the most realistic game mode in the world, but it is far more realistic than conquest I can tell you that for free

anyways I would rather if this topic did not turn into a PR vs POE bashing topic

Comment

ya know there is a lot of controversy in this thread and you know what???? POE AND PR ARE BOTH REALLY GREAT MODS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                        this is going off topic but that is not according to our bunch of mil advisors who do/have surved in the military and all agree that PR is the most realistic thing they have every played. And I know for a fact they work in the military since I did go and see UK_Force (one of our top mil advisors) at Bovington camp around a month ago which there is a news post on the front page of TBF2 some where about it

aswell as talking to the army folk there who have played PR that also all say it is very like real life. Yes maybe AAS is not the most realistic game mode in the world, but it is far more realistic than conquest I can tell you that for free

anyways I would rather if this topic did not turn into a PR vs POE bashing topic
                        Rhino...you know I love ya man and you have my deepest respect but I don't think your mil advisors have seen much combat. I have been deployed to the desert 17 times and I have seen the best and worst that mankind has to offer. With that, I have firsthand experience in real combat and you guys are far from that experience. That is why every release you make, I go and check out all your maps. And I always see the simple things being overlooked...such as IBD (integrated base defense), the use of tactical wire, DFP's, hasty fighting positions, interlocking fields of fire, etc. You already have the content Rhino and if you were given the right info, the power to create maps based on realistic settings/environments would be solely in your hands. I have listened and watched your players with their diary videos and again, after watching them, I'm like WTF mate! You need to ditch the squad system and go to the standard fire teams. Fire teams are comprised of 4 soldiers...the point man leads the way, you have left and right flanks and your 4th is your rear security. What I've seen them do is exactly what would get them killed in the real world....they don't traverse open terrain in a diamond formation and they refuse to commit to the objective at hand. We have a saying when we teach our studs....slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Again, surprise, speed, and violence of action.

I would be willing to sit down with you and give you any info you need to make PR even more successful than it already is, but to do that, I somehow need you to recognize that tactical movement while deliberate is not SLOW.

Slow pace gets you killed. I think that many PR players use the term "tactical" as a veil to hide from their inability to multi-task and think on their feet. that is why they have the disdain for vanilla gameplay...they can't cope with the young creative minds that use surprise, speed, and violence of action to their advantage.

Comment

again off topic, but please feel free to post up a full list of changes you would like to see in PR to make it more realistic on our forums for some one like egg to look at

Comment

Great Work on the latest release, POE2 team.
                            Just wish i had more time to play this mod once in awhile, because it is way more enjoyable than vBF2...

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
                              I would be willing to sit down with you and give you any info you need to make PR even more successful than it already is, but to do that, I somehow need you to recognize that tactical movement while deliberate is not SLOW.

Slow pace gets you killed. I think that many PR players use the term "tactical" as a veil to hide from their inability to multi-task and think on their feet. that is why they have the disdain for vanilla gameplay...they can't cope with the young creative minds that use surprise, speed, and violence of action to their advantage.
                              PR slow? There's nothing slow about the combat - because of the BF2 engine, it's like Quake at CQB.

And I giggled at the last bit - thinking and vanilla gameplay? Seriously?

Ontopic: the PoE release is as always a work of enormously high quality - kudos for all the hard work

Comment

Working...
                              X