nobody can join my server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody can join my server

i went to serversettings.con and made sv.internet 1 and sv.allowNATNegotiation 1 and checked read only. i Created local server and typed sv.internet to check if it was 1, and it was. i fowarded my port by doing exactly what this guide says:

i then Created local server again and gave my friend both the ip i got from http://www.whatismyip.com/ and from the server info in-game. im using the defualt port and i made sure he was trying to connect with defualt port as well and it still wont work. i then closed my server and opened dedicated server with the same serversettings.con file and he cant connect to that one either.

i have no idea what else i can do to get a connection here :shakehead: .... if anyone does id appreciate your post, thanks.

Re: nobody can join my server

You need to stick the PC in the DMZ. If that works, then you can try opening up all the ports recommended in the BF2 manual.

Comment

Originally posted by IhaveTacos View Post
      i went to serversettings.con and made sv.internet 1 and sv.allowNATNegotiation 1 and checked read only. i Created local server and typed sv.internet to check if it was 1, and it was. i fowarded my port by doing exactly what this guide says:

i then Created local server again and gave my friend both the ip i got from http://www.whatismyip.com/ and from the server info in-game. im using the defualt port and i made sure he was trying to connect with defualt port as well and it still wont work. i then closed my server and opened dedicated server with the same serversettings.con file and he cant connect to that one either.

i have no idea what else i can do to get a connection here :shakehead: .... if anyone does id appreciate your post, thanks.

yeah camper is correct on this.. I sent you a PM too about this.

Comment

well... i actually remmembered the obvious problem that my uncle recently hooked up a 2nd router and i assume id need to foward the ports on it as well. sence theres so much splitting i dobt i could get a stable connection creating a battlefield server.

still out of curiousity i never managed to find how to set my router in DMZ when i looked it up. i have a netgear router and i was wondering how i would go about doing so.

Comment

i found a good program that lets me directly connect with a couple friends, thus enabling them to join my LAN server, called Hamachi.

i just thought it would be a good thing to say for people who come across this thread with the same problem. its an alternitive to fowarding ports it works like i said by connecting people but specifically people who all open it and join the same room(of course that means you cant make it public).

it gets laggy for me at times but thats just because bf2 is taxing.

thanks for trying to help anyway, later.

Comment

Working...
          X