• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this...

Run BF2?

AMD Sempron™ 3600+
    1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
    Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics GPU <---

When I upgrade the gfx card, what is a good AGP card...is the 7600GT as good as the PCI Express one?

Thanks!

Re: Will this...

im pretty sure itll be able to squeak bye at low settings.

Comment

Well, is the processor / ram any good?

I understand that the gfx is killing me, but was wondering about the rest of the system...

Also, would a GeForce 6200 even be worth poppin in there, because I have one laying around the room somewhere...

Comment

get a intel core 2 extreme 12,000MHz, 8GB of DDR2 Kingston ram, dual SLI ready Nvidia 8800GTX's and two Raptor 10,000RPM hdd's, and your ready to rumble!!!!

but at the cost of about &#163;3000 :P

Comment

Originally posted by dudbomb View Post
          get a intel core 2 extreme 12,000MHz, 8GB of DDR2 Kingston ram, dual SLI ready Nvidia 8800GTX's and two Raptor 10,000RPM hdd's, and your ready to rumble!!!!

but at the cost of about £3000 :P
          Psh! This system will blow that out of the water!

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by ThefT View Post
            Well, is the processor / ram any good?

I understand that the gfx is killing me, but was wondering about the rest of the system...

Also, would a GeForce 6200 even be worth poppin in there, because I have one laying around the room somewhere...
            im sure itll be slightly better.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo View Post
              im sure itll be slightly better.
              Yeah...then I would also be able to run DVI, since I don't think integrated has DVI?

Comment

No chance!

AMD Sempron™ 3600+
                -- sempron is the low end of AMD's, there not designed high proccesor munchers like BF2, Id get a beter Amd say a DUAL CORE 4000+/6000+ area they will could will BF2 Fine!

As for 1GB of ram that will be stupid to play your lagg alot on the proccessor you have!
                1.3 - 2GB (with a strong connection) * & better proccesor

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics GPU <--- as of my knowledge this is obvously a intergrated one meaning there low memory & low clock spead, i dont think this will cope with BF2 even on LOW! (Im not sure on the card tho)

All in all, Scrap that system, Needs more RAM, Better Proccessor, Better Graphics. Look around for better xD

Hope this helps xD

Comment

not everyone has the money to upgrade though,ive heard people say they play on a 6150 and you ready said your upgrading to a 7600 which will play it great,bf2 only requires a 1.7ghz processor as well,the sempron will be enough.

Comment

The 7600 will run BF2 Great, I didnt see that bit...

But no The Sempron WILL NOT HANDLE IT!, There not ment for High Useage Ram Munchers lol like BF2 Seriously!
                    im getting a new proccesor and i already checked AMD out im getting 5600+ Which will run fine,

The 3600+ Is meant for low profile use..

Trust me

Comment

Actually, the sempron will probably be fine. Sure, it won't be the fastest cpu on the block but bf2 is much more gpu intensive than it is cpu.

Comment

Well Im Not Saying anymore if you waste your money and it doesnt run or runs but laggs like mental, all i can say is i told ya so..!

Comment

Well, this is a hand me down computer, so just wondering how it will run, free for me...lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X