Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it take to make a successful server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What does it take to make a successful server?

You still haven't denied that you pay $15 to be a whipping boy of doing Anal!

If you really want to distance yourself from Illusion. Why don't you do yourself a favor, and split from his homorific clan, and take all of your favorite clan-mates with you? Then you won't have to sit here an argue with me over the reputation of the doing Anal! crew.

Comment

It's funny watching nerds getting their panties in a twist. And by the term nerds, I mean dA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
        You still haven't denied that you pay $15 to be a whipping boy of doing Anal!

If you really want to distance yourself from Illusion. Why don't you do yourself a favor, and split from his homorific clan, and take all of your favorite clan-mates with you? Then you won't have to sit here an argue with me over the reputation of the doing Anal! crew.
        Because we are the ones that run the server.

Illusion made the clan, he pays for it through us, but the server is where it is because of the members. Illusion has a clan because of the members.

That is why I will not leave my friends nor will they. We are the server.

I am not distancing my self or any dA member from him. I am pointing out that dA as a whole is not just the sum of illusion. It is the sum of all the members who day after day play there, pay for and administrate the server. Illusion can eat babies and stick red hot pokers in his *** for all I care. He is not the reason I am in dA, the entire clan is why I am dA.

Read into that what you want but I am a Made dA Man, plain and simple. dA will haunt you and infect your tiny brain to the point you are already at. Obsessed with Illusion and the rest of dA.

Have fun in the world you make for your self.

Comment

$15 a month is damned steep for perks you can get for free anywhere else. I guess you just like being a whipping boy.

Anyhow, for all the whining you do about my constant diatribes about your clan's shadiness; you guys certainly do a lot of thread bumping. If it wasn't for you mercnet, this thread would've been buried under 40 pages of other threads, and dA! would've been long forgotten by now.

Comment

Originally posted by JHubs View Post
            so what does it take for a server to become successful? by successful i mean being full nearly 80% of the time and having a pretty large regular base.

the maps are what bring the people in at the beginning, but what makes them come back? is it the admins? is it the level of competition? is it FF off or FF on? no vehicles or vehicles?

let's get a discussion going.
            1. Kick anyone pinging over 150.

2. Kick anyone from France.

3. Kick anyone who says "gay" or "ghey" or any variant of it.

4. Perma-Ban every glitcher, padder or suspected hacker, and don't waste time chatting with them about it, or appealing it. Just ban 'em and forget 'em.

5. Don't add made-up rules of your own, like "no uncaps" or "banning for C4 jumping" - in other words, let people use the game as they want, within what is possible for them to do, except for glitching or hacking.

6. Don't use language filters - let people swear and talk trash, because they will anyway, no matter what filters you install.

7. Don't waste time with a TS server - use the ingame VOIP. The clanners will stay on their own clan TS servers anyway, and everybody else can just press B or V.

8. Even though I don't agree with this, it seems that the only way to make a server really popular is to do one single map 115,391 times in a row.

9. Encourage people to have chaotic fun. Doing crazy stuff online is one of the great attractions of BF2 - it sure isn't the realism.

10. Put random cleavage and bum-shots on the welcome screen. And flame-throwing PKMs too. And pints of beer. And angry skulls. And... well you get the idea.

Comment

Working...
            X