Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it take to make a successful server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it take to make a successful server?

so what does it take for a server to become successful? by successful i mean being full nearly 80% of the time and having a pretty large regular base.

the maps are what bring the people in at the beginning, but what makes them come back? is it the admins? is it the level of competition? is it FF off or FF on? no vehicles or vehicles?

let's get a discussion going.

Re: What does it take to make a successful server?

first u should have a reliable server. no crashes, low pings for everyone. fair rules and good admins to enforce them with justice.

it helps to have a clan that's based in the server. first, no one is going to join an empty server, but if u have clan mates just on vent or xfire and htey see each other, they'll usually just start a small match maybe 4v4, and gradually other ppl will join.

and the FF on/off IO/vechiles is really up to u but most ppl who care about stats will join a FF off IO karkand server as its really easy to gain points in there. one server that i play alot on with karkand 24/7 is usually always filled...even at 5am in the morning, its still full usually.

also set up some forums if ur server becomes popular and advertise the forums in -game. this lets ppl come and discuss random stuff or plea for an unban or complain about an admin. (this is also why having a clan-base server helps since ull have clanmembers in the forums alot). and also having forums help makes regulars in the server.

thats all i can "guess". i dont own a server, but ive played in a bunch, so just my 6 cents.

Comment

there are a string of wake island 24/7 games.
      eg . Boomtown, brunz and bbuk

One of the minor but i think effective things is the name.
      I remember these 3 servers because short and easy to remember names.

Admins who are strict are nice.
      BBUK have a queing system for vehicals which i think make it popular.

Cant really think of anything else, make sure people in the clan owning server dont act like morons on other people's servers.

Hope this help but i can only say from experiencing popular servers.

Comment

does the population size matter?

Comment

honestly there are just too many servers compared to the amount of players playing at any time, check out how many empty servers there are, probably 90% of them

Comment

Originally posted by JHubs View Post
            Ranks are what bring the people in at the beginning,
            fixed....

Comment

1)money
              2)a clan
              3)a website
              4)a ts/vent server
              5)easy-going admins
              6)most unoriginal map rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                BBUK have a queing system for vehicals which i think make it popular.
                Violating ROE makes them popular?

Comment

also servers that kick a lot for lame reasons seem to be popular too, havent figured this one out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa View Post
                    also servers that kick a lot for lame reasons seem to be popular too, havent figured this one out yet.
                    cant forget the glitch servers! and servers like DA

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                      honestly there are just too many servers compared to the amount of players playing at any time, check out how many empty servers there are, probably 90% of them
                      I havent yet played a game where there isnt 90% of empty servers in browser ..

Comment

Just forget about stupid personal rules, like "no base rape", "commander can't fight", etc. and respect the only rules that should be respected, EA's ROE! Don't forget to switch off the friendly fire so people don't get punished by blind idiots going over your mines and claymores. Do these things and you'll have a successful server.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
                          Violating ROE makes them popular?
                          No one cares about the ROE.

Comment

I figured i would chime in here because this one thing I have litterally mastered...I know exactly what it takes to get a server full and keep it full and have been doing it for years...Every nooble here hates for some reason...I guess its because thier jealous that we have it great and it keeps getting better...Drop on by our website at www.digital-anarchy.com and hope onto vent and Ill talk to you about getting your server going...If you dont plan on dropping by all I can say is I wouldnt start a bf2 server is late in the game...Hook up with an already established clan like us...For $15(way less than your paying now) you could have admin to litterally the most popular bf2 server that runs all maps and is currently 6th across all bf2 servers...

P.S. I just read most of the replys and most of these noobs dont even run servers lol...

Wow nice website...That is a great start there guy...

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987 View Post
                              I figured i would chime in here because this one thing I have litterally mastered. For $15(way less than your paying now) you could have admin to litterally the most popular bf2 server that runs all maps and is currently 6th across all bf2 servers...
                              You should try to master the game without having to download skill.

http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/m...t&query=Search

http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/m...ch;_accCheck=1

For $15 you can have admin rights to play with hackers and be able to kick any non-hacker that dares to kill you.:yay: As to the OP try running a server with good admins with no rules other than hacking and TK'ing won't be tolerated. Don't associate yourself with DA, becuase you know what they say; When you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

Comment

Working...
                              X