POE_Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POE_Dust

I have finally finished my map POE_Dust and am ready to release it.

Download (looking for more mirrors if i can get them, fileplanet should have a link soon)
    http://www.filecloud.com/files/file....file_id=542274

To look at this map in a localgame, you need to select 'incursion' in the modes before you can select poe_dust.

This map only supports incursion, 32players

Screenshots

I am looking for servers to run the map, once I get that I will post more info

Re: POE_Dust

Good job making a bf2 map of it,bu ti dont think youll find the bf2community to enthusiastic about a css map...

Comment

Thanks I realize some people wont like the map. I just thought it would be fun to try out. Incursion seems to be pretty fun with less players than traditional conquest. Its a pretty small dl, might as well check it out if you have POE.

The POE devs have provided me with a dl link and a server to check it out on

72.232.96.186:16567 'PoE2 1.7 Dev Server - Incursion'

Comment

I can't wait to play it. Looks fun as hell. Good bad or indifferent, it's a testament to your skills as a modeler and mapper.

If you ever have time, I would love to talk to you about some very simple models that I would like to have created for some custom maps....if you need to see the caliber of my work, drop me a PM.

Here is a quick editor shot of a map I co-created,

Comment

Jaws, did you ever get to play this map?
          I ran it on my server for about a week but couldn't get any support from the author and my client crashed every time I tried to connect.

Comment

you should make assault... its allot bigger mate..

but this looks ''uber pro''

gj!

Comment

this looks great im downloading it... NOW! is it possible to access it in singleplayer???

Comment

jaws i hadn't really thought about making custom stuff for maps, just tried this as a challenge for myself. pm me what you are thinking about and i will get back to you

smoo7h, i posted this on the poe forums, here it is again:
                I just retested the map with 1.8 and it seems to be running fine and you shouldnt have to make that change (I dont know anything about bf2cc though so who knows). This map is 32 player incursion ONLY, any other size or maptype is not supported. Perhaps that is your issue.

I have the map running (thanks jilted) on 72.232.96.186
                This is one of POE's poestats.com servers, so stats are being sent

Comment

Originally posted by ovisage View Post

jaws i hadn't really thought about making custom stuff for maps, just tried this as a challenge for myself. pm me what you are thinking about and i will get back to you

smoo7h, i posted this on the poe forums, here it is again:
                  I just retested the map with 1.8 and it seems to be running fine and you shouldnt have to make that change (I dont know anything about bf2cc though so who knows). This map is 32 player incursion ONLY, any other size or maptype is not supported. Perhaps that is your issue.

I have the map running (thanks jilted) on 72.232.96.186
                  This is one of POE's poestats.com servers, so stats are being sent
                  hmmm... :|: there seems to be no servers running this map!! :shock: is there a way to play it on singleplayer??? tell me if i installed it correctly. the folder i placed it into is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\poe2\Levels

Comment

I posted a server running this map.. 72.232.96.186

make sure you don't install the map to levels/poe_dust/poedust/

You can run around the map by going to multiplayer>create local>then selecting incursion from the dropdown and then choosing the map (you won't see the map in your list unless you do this).

Comment

Well noone seems to play the incursion mode (I was sorta hoping to start something with this map, guess THATS not gonna happend).

So I have added a 32 player conquest version to the map. I set it up so that Ukraine defends and Germany attacks. They can only spawn in thier traditional spawn areas so Ukraine has an advantage in this way. Ukraine must hold both flags for Germany to bleed, Germany only needs to hold one of the two to get Ukraine to bleed.

Hope you enjoy.

http://poe1.pointofexistence.com/PoE/poe_dust.zip - thanks poe devs -

I think they are setting up 72.232.96.186 with a mixed gamemode of the conquest and incursion versions of this map.

Comment

Working...
                      X