Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with VOIP

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
    well wish i'd been more help, but has to be something simple, but yeah i have soundmax, if u reinstall & still get that error, i'd write EA support,, they probably know what it is.

besta luck:salute:
    Well, last night i had a load of problem with computer - it was freezing on startup at the 'welcome' screen, the soundmax blue icon in toolbar was disabled and i couldnt listen to anything and some other problems.
    So i thought, ill just format and start a fresh which i have done today - ive installed BF2 and unlike last time when i formatted, it didnt freeze on startup
    Anywhoo, i got into the audio settings and to my surprise my Mic was working as you can imagine, i was chuffed to bits so i carried on and configuered controls and video and came back to audio just to check again, and it had stopped working when i click test microphone the bar just stays blank with a tiny red part on left.

At least it did work though and its capable of working, once ive got everything back installed etc ill have another pop at it and hope for the best, if not ill email EA - thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by Keithuk View Post
      Well, last night i had a load of problem with computer - it was freezing on startup at the 'welcome' screen, the soundmax blue icon in toolbar was disabled and i couldnt listen to anything and some other problems.
      So i thought, ill just format and start a fresh which i have done today - ive installed BF2 and unlike last time when i formatted, it didnt freeze on startup
      Anywhoo, i got into the audio settings and to my surprise my Mic was working as you can imagine, i was chuffed to bits so i carried on and configuered controls and video and came back to audio just to check again, and it had stopped working when i click test microphone the bar just stays blank with a tiny red part on left.

At least it did work though and its capable of working, once ive got everything back installed etc ill have another pop at it and hope for the best, if not ill email EA - thanks for the link
      now thats the way mine would do, work a second & then red color lights up, then nothing. when you reformatted, did u remember to set your acceleration in direct x? DXDIAG.
      dont forget to uncheck mic boost & eax enabled.

you have a soundmax icon, i dont have one, but i do have sound max, i found this check this out it might help. its near the bottom you'll see

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
        now thats the way mine would do, work a second & then red color lights up, then nothing. when you reformatted, did u remember to set your acceleration in direct x? DXDIAG.
        dont forget to uncheck mic boost & eax enabled.

you have a soundmax icon, i dont have one, but i do have sound max, i found this check this out it might help. its near the bottom you'll see
        http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1
        Thanks for the link, i disabled the Audio thing but it still didnt work

Also, in Battlefield options i still cant check the Mic boost gain box or uncheck it :S not sure what the problem is there.

I feel as though the problem will be something simple, some minor settings within the soundmax program or windows itself, hopefully ill stumble across it sometime as ive tried all the other methods and still nothing

Thanks for your help anyway, if i do manage to miraculously get it working ill let you know :salute:

Comment

Thanks for the link, i disabled the Audio thing but it still didnt work

Also, in Battlefield options i still cant check the Mic boost gain box or uncheck it :S not sure what the problem is there.

I feel as though the problem will be something simple, some minor settings within the soundmax program or windows itself, hopefully ill stumble across it sometime as ive tried all the other methods and still nothing

Thanks for your help anyway, if i do manage to miraculously get it working ill let you know :salute:
          yeah something has to be simple, sure wish ya the best, but truthfully not many use the VOIP, but maybe on some servers they do. and if alot use it , it cuts into yur bandwith a little.
          but yeah lettme know if ya ever figure it out,
          over:salute:

Comment

Well, i dont know what has happened but ive been on battlefield 3 times in last few hours, and each time when ive been in server i am able to hear people, and they can hear me
            Maybe unticking that box in the SoundMax and my computer going off and on helped

Anywho, thanks again for the help hopefully it will stay fine and dandy

Comment

Well, i dont know what has happened but ive been on battlefield 3 times in last few hours, and each time when ive been in server i am able to hear people, and they can hear me
              Maybe unticking that box in the SoundMax and my computer going off and on helped

Anywho, thanks again for the help hopefully it will stay fine and dandy
              thats good news, well sometimes when you make changes i like that it takes a reboot before it will really change it, so that mighta been the problem whole time.

kinda odd i dont have the soundmax icon in my tray. i probably got a older verison, i think this POS is about 2yrs old or close too it, which is ancient in computer years....

maybe i see ya in a game
              over:salute:

Comment

Ye, tis a bit strange. I installed it from a disc i got with the computer, it installed the drivers and then the 'soundmax control panel' as its called. Its just a windows volume control only soundmax's version with more options :/ ive never took any notice in it apart from today.
                Ye i might see you in game, what servers do you go on?
                I usually go on random infantry ones with the odd vehicle one, im not fond of the Jet bombings

Comment

Ye, tis a bit strange. I installed it from a disc i got with the computer, it installed the drivers and then the 'soundmax control panel' as its called. Its just a windows volume control only soundmax's version with more options :/ ive never took any notice in it apart from today.
                  Ye i might see you in game, what servers do you go on?
                  I usually go on random infantry ones with the odd vehicle one, im not fond of the Jet bombings
                  glad its workin anyway..

im just opposite, i love the vehicle mapps, I die alot because of it, but if i ever get to be a good bomber or chopper pilot i might not die as much, but its all fun. i play on =sf= servers, hbd serveers ,=soe= , dumbsoldiers server (that one suits me i guess, lol)

i dont watch text unless i tryn to figure out whats goin on, so if u do see me & say somethin, might have to shoot me er something, im old , takes all my strenght to focus... :nod:

tc

Comment

:laugh:

Ill try and shoot you to grab your attention then if i see you
                    I might have a go at one of them servers later, see you there maybe :salute:

Comment

Im in the same boat as Khan. I have vista (32 bit) and havent been able to get voip to work on bf2. It works on ventrilo, but when I go into bf2 I cannto use ventrilo, even if it is still turned on in the background. In the game, when I hit "v" or "b", the green mic symbol shows up, but no one can hear me. When I do the mic setup for battlefield, the only thing my speakers pick up is me blowing into the mic, no voice pickup. The fixes posted above do not work for me as there is no tab/slider in dxdiag for vista. Also, there is no sound/audio in control panel, just sound. Please someone help. This is ruining the game for me, as I no longer have access to a comp with xp.

Edit: I have a realtek sound card

I found a fix for it. Worked for me and I have Vista. The threshold test doesnt work, but vent/voip do in game, so Im happy. http://www.rulesofcombat.net/forums/...ead.php?t=1479

Comment

I already have uac disabled, and I'm getting that little notification box on the lower left of my desktop.

And I've since reformatted. So I'll give this another go tonight.
                        Are there any other vista users having success?

Comment

I think BF2 VOIP just doesn't work in Vista. Other games and programs work fine.

Comment

I just reformatted due to other problems regarding securerom. (damn rainbow 6 vegas I think)

Anyways...

MAXOR127: Yes voip has been a big issue in vista. As I've posted many times I've got 3 sound cards. An sblive, a USB headset, and the onboard realtek.

NONE of which work in bf2.

But ALL of them work when recording sound for ANY other game/application I can get my hands on. For example, various wave editors, sound recorder, skype, msn, counter strike source, dod source.

Only BF2 is not sticking to API guidelines. This would not be a problem if they did.

Comment

Working...
                            X