Problem with VOIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with VOIP

I want to talk with some people today in squad. I cant, they heard nothing. Then i tried in Ventrilo, i heard my voice, but not in battlefield 2 sound options? what i neeeeeed to do to get in work.??? BEst regards kratt

Re: Problem with VOIP

try running voip setup, there is a launcher file for it in bf2's C:// directory somewhere.

Comment

i tried that also, but it wont work, it wont show me any sound meter , when talking into microphone. when i press save setting, some weird error pops up

Comment

Same problem here, TS, Vent, MSN, whatever else i use works fine but BF2 wont. I have a Realtek ALC883/ALC861VD (NOT AC97) on-board sound card.

Comment

it works now littlebit i think, i changed transmit volume to 100 % , what threshold is?

Comment

are the servers your trying to use VOIP through BF2 accually have it enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
              Same problem here, TS, Vent, MSN, whatever else i use works fine but BF2 wont. I have a Realtek ALC883/ALC861VD (NOT AC97) on-board sound card.
              exactly my same problem also & i've read alot of others too.
              it must be a windows conflict or something.

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
                exactly my same problem also & i've read alot of others too.
                it must be a windows conflict or something.
                So there isnt any way around it? Should i give up on it now before i spend hours trying to fix it?

Comment

I have the EXACT onboard soundcard and have the same error.

But I also switched soundcards and reinstalled windows (vista64)

MSN, Counter Strike Source, DOD source, you name it. HL2 Deathmatch. ALL WORK FINE!

But BF2 doesn't do jack. I'm getting booted from squads now. This totally sucks!

when I run the sound setup I get "voicesetup.exe stopped working" or words to that effect. In-game, the mic doesn't pick up any sound. Quit bf2, run cs:source, mic works fine.

In Control Panel, sound, recording devices - the mic actually registers input just fine. wtf is going on?

See this post:

Comment

I tried contacting EA about it, but they seem to think all of us here having the same problem on the same card just dont know how to setup our settings... So much for that help.

If anyone finds a fix, please share it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
                      I tried contacting EA about it, but they seem to think all of us here having the same problem on the same card just dont know how to setup our settings... So much for that help.

If anyone finds a fix, please share it!

Bullkrap, i have onboard card & i also bought a sound card (sound blaster audigy SE) & soundmax onboard, same problems with both.

get htis my voip setup when u manually go into folder sets up good, i mean the green bar goes up, i set the threshold everyhting looks cool, getinto game no workie
                      so yeah i gave up, lotsa other posts on this
                      cya

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
                        Bullkrap, i have onboard card & i also bought a sound card (sound blaster audigy SE) & soundmax onboard, same problems with both.

get htis my voip setup when u manually go into folder sets up good, i mean the green bar goes up, i set the threshold everyhting looks cool, getinto game no workie
                        so yeah i gave up, lotsa other posts on this
                        cya
                        When you talk into your mic in windows, can you hear yourself?

Comment

Can you hear yourself? Irrelevant. You can set your mic PLAYBACK volume to be mute and still record audio. This is because your recording devices are correctly set and mic boost is on (if necessary)

But for the record. Yes. On my sblive, my realtek onboard, and my usb headset, as I speak into the mics and have the playback volume on I do hear myself.

My graphic bar does jump at the sound of my voice or tapping on the mics.

Sound recorder gets my "testing 1 2 3", so does Nero Wave Editor, CoolEdit, CounterStrike, Day of Defeat, HL2, Roger Wilco. The list goes on...they all work!!!!

BF 2142 and BF2, nada nothing, zip.

in the BF2 folder there is a voicesetup.exe. I ran it (as local user or local admin) and got nothing when testing my mics. Doesn't matter what device I set my recording device to in vista's audio options. It is this application that needs to be updated. A new exe, or a new way of working with the audio api would be great guys, if you're reading this.

EA/Dice: Everybody else got it right. How the hell did you stuff it up?

Comment

What is microphone threshold in game options/sound?

I have all mic boost on in windows. i have some sigmatel audio/sound card
                            Error in BF2VoiPs3tUp http://www.hot.ee/siretis/naab.PNG

Comment

Heres the error i get with voice setup: BattleCommo Error
                              Tried reinstall but didnt fix it.

Is there any other way to test if your mic is working in BF2? Joining a game is a pain in the *** and 99% of the time people just ignore you anyway if your trying to test your mic.

Comment

Working...
                              X