Static or dynamic mini-map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Static or dynamic mini-map

yeah but its easier to tell someone which direction to go when you can easily tell which direction is which instead of having to look around to find it. Its easy in that picture because north is about at that top of the HUD.

Comment

static... im a simple guy lolol
      Seriously i guess i havnt ever practised with a moving one, so static comes naturally

Comment

It's the dizzy-bat syndrome. Once you're used to spinning, trying to go back to static is near impossible. We've all seen how those people usually walk XD

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
          yeah but its easier to tell someone which direction to go when you can easily tell which direction is which instead of having to look around to find it. Its easy in that picture because north is about at that top of the HUD.
          Yeah but isn't it better to base your instruments on YOU, and not a compass rose?

Comment

ill give you guys a situation, where having a rotating map is better than a static map. There is less for your brain to process, which makes you quicker to read information on the map:

Static: your facing south...west. a tank on the map is southeast. now you and your brain have to process where that tank is relative to you. after four-and-a-half years, you find out that the tank is behind you, to the left.

Rotating: your facing southwest. on the map, it shows you pointing to the top of the screen. Now, the tank gets spotted, and you'll quickly realise where the tank is, because left is left and right is right, you dont have to decipher the directions.

rotating is faster and easier to process hands down... once you memorize every map (which takes like 20 mins each) then rotating has every advantage and no disadvantages.
            This is my feeling as well. As long as you are familiar enough with a map to figure out how to get somewhere without relying on the minimap, then the rotating setting allows you to figure out where the red dots are in relation to you faster and while using less brainpower.

Comment

static map. its easier for me to know where i am

Comment

Mini Map All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                  Yeah but isn't it better to base your instruments on YOU, and not a compass rose?
                  not really. its easier to use when you a SL because you can give out directions easier along with telling people where the enemy is. Rotating is only good if your a lone wolf in squad work it makes things difficult.

Comment

idc what map i use really

Comment

Static, better for directions. And I'm used to it...

Comment

Working...
                      X