Static or dynamic mini-map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Static or dynamic mini-map

yeah I know that, but I had to get used to dynamic minimap, i just look at the map "which follow my view" and know where to go, on static I had to concentrate more, because I orientate on the minimap by geographcial directions(N,W,E,S). Or If I know map to perfect I know where is every three, wall etc.(in my case Gulf of Oman- bf demo ) so it's no matter in static. I will play today and see how it's in the battle?

Comment

dynamic,good to know if some enemy is round the corner.

Comment

Dynamic- the most damn natural perspective of where you are, where they are and where you have to go. Its really "on the fly".

Comment

static, because i never bothered changing it...

Comment

Dynamic - Better for flying in my oppinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill27 View Post
              static, because i never bothered changing it...
              I think people get confused here. Dynamic is the default I believe where the map changes while Static is where it stays the same.

Comment

i thought static was default?

Comment

Static is the one where north stays the same the default is when the map switches around.

Comment

i just dont understand why use a static?its no use if your on the island at wake and it still shows the carrier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                      Dynamic- the most damn natural perspective of where you are, where they are and where you have to go. Its really "on the fly".
                      i agree with you completely...

ill give you guys a situation, where having a rotating map is better than a static map. There is less for your brain to process, which makes you quicker to read information on the map:

Static: your facing south...west. a tank on the map is southeast. now you and your brain have to process where that tank is relative to you. after four-and-a-half years, you find out that the tank is behind you, to the left.

Rotating: your facing southwest. on the map, it shows you pointing to the top of the screen. Now, the tank gets spotted, and you'll quickly realise where the tank is, because left is left and right is right, you dont have to decipher the directions.

rotating is faster and easier to process hands down... once you memorize every map (which takes like 20 mins each) then rotating has every advantage and no disadvantages.

Comment

well said^

Comment

BF2 Default: Static

BF2142 Default: Dynamic

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                            i agree with you completely...

ill give you guys a situation, where having a rotating map is better than a static map. There is less for your brain to process, which makes you quicker to read information on the map:

Static: your facing south...west. a tank on the map is southeast. now you and your brain have to process where that tank is relative to you. after four-and-a-half years, you find out that the tank is behind you, to the left.

Rotating: your facing southwest. on the map, it shows you pointing to the top of the screen. Now, the tank gets spotted, and you'll quickly realise where the tank is, because left is left and right is right, you dont have to decipher the directions.

rotating is faster and easier to process hands down... once you memorize every map (which takes like 20 mins each) then rotating has every advantage and no disadvantages.
                            I copletely agree with you:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by [C22] yrethguad View Post
                              BF2 Default: Static

BF2142 Default: Dynamic
                              bf2 default is static. Neptune if you have the maps memorized then you will know which direction you are facing and wont need the minimap at all. When you need to point out a direction its alot harder on dynamic when your brain has to proccess which direction is which. In static its not difficult at all to know which way to turn from south east.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                                bf2 default is static. Neptune if you have the maps memorized then you will know which direction you are facing and wont need the minimap at all. When you need to point out a direction its alot harder on dynamic when your brain has to proccess which direction is which. In static its not difficult at all to know which way to turn from south east.
                                Or you could just look on the compass.

Comment

Working...
                                X