I have just had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have just had enough

forgive me for saying this if im wrong, but i thought claymores and mines dont explode on friendlies even if FF is on? grenades and other guns can hurt friendlies but i thought claymores were set on to explode on enemies only and hte only way u could tk soemone is if an enemy sets it off and a friendly is nearby

Comment

You're kidding right?

Comment

Um, sorry to be blunt, but how have you been playing this game for so long and not realized that?

Claymores can't distinguish between friendlies and enemies. If you've ever set one on the ground you'll find that out very quickly when you get a teamkill. Whenever I'm a sniper and I'm sitting around near an enemy spawnpoint and I try and defend my position by putting out my 2 claymores, it NEVER fails that a teamate runs into at least one of them.

But I can't complaing because I've run into my share of friendly claymores as well, and trust me, they will not hesitate to blow up in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          forgive me for saying this if im wrong, but i thought claymores and mines dont explode on friendlies even if FF is on? grenades and other guns can hurt friendlies but i thought claymores were set on to explode on enemies only and hte only way u could tk soemone is if an enemy sets it off and a friendly is nearby
          Youve had the game for two years and you thought that?

Comment

Yep this one gets me all the time. I do not punish a team kill unless I'm sure they've done it on purpose. E.g. running up to me and shooting me point blank or stabbing me.

As for setting clays as sniper when FF is on. I will if I'm up high, I'll set it right at the top of the ladder. If you climb up the ladder and get killed then as far as I'm concerned it's totaly your fault. The warnings are there and good practice is to check the top of all ladders just incase anyway. Therefore don't punish me but learn to play. I will not spam them anywhere else as it just invites a punish.

AT mines are another matter. They are very effective against armour and this is now a kit I play alot (taking over sniper kit). I will try to place them where I believe they do the greater good and not just anywhere (e.g. causeway in Karkand and around flags) You drive over one then so be it.

Played daqing oil fields the other week as AT. I saw an enemy car enter the uncap so fired an AT round at him. As he went round the corner I followed but missed. Next thing I get a punish for a team kill from a guy I didn't even see. This was by the spawn point closer to the AA vehicle, very rare anyone else is around that area.

Christ like I meant that to hit him WTF! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
              how bout the ones that punish after you revive them spamming sorry, those are real winners.
              If i get punished after i revive the guy i TKed i will TK him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Oronare View Post
                Now, everyone knows if teamkill is switched ON then you dont walk infront of a deployed claymore.

Just a warning to anyone, a big "X" on the screen means theres a claymore nearby and there even shows one ABOVE the claymore RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Now, if you decide to walk OVER this claymore then for **** sake dont PUNISH the guy when you die!

I was on karkand just now and was punished no less than FOUR times for team kills from claymores and then was eventually kicked for teamkilling.

People always ***** and moan when you punish them but then theyre the first to hit "punish" when someone kills them.

You dont LOSE any points from what i can gather from dying so why do people punish? im fast becoming fond of the team kill switched off servers now but karkands always seem to be switched on

I even typed in block capitals "I HAVE PLACED A CLAYMORE IN THE ENTRANCE TO THIS HOUSE BECAUSE I AM SNIPING FROM INSIDE IT....IF YOU WALK OVER IT YOU WILL DIE SO DO NOT PUNISH ME FOR A TEAMKILL!!!!"

and what do you know.....someone died....they punished...even after my about 4 warnings that a claymore was there.

When somoene punishes me for a teamkill that I know they saw it as accidental, I personally make it my goal to kill them on purpose. When I do I type in caps, NOW YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE TO PUNISH ME DUMBA$$!!!! I really don't care if I get kicked. I can't stand that just as much as the next guy.

Comment

I think if a teammate walks over your mine you should be able to punish them for being an idiot not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                    isn't punish the default server action if the person tk'd doesn't hit forgive?
                    nope... its the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                      Yeah, I think so.

Here is a pic of the lethal blast radius, I think you may have to be a little closer than that to actually set it off.

At the bottom of that page it says that in real life they have a lethal range of 50 meters. Can you imagine if it was like that in BF2, lol.
                      Thanks, but i was looking for the radius you walk into before it explodes :P

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                      nope... its the other way around
                      If you do forgive then its a default tk? Doesnt make any sense, what do you mean?

Comment

Now, everyone knows if teamkill is switched ON then you dont walk infront of a deployed claymore.

Just a warning to anyone, a big "X" on the screen means theres a claymore nearby and there even shows one ABOVE the claymore RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Now, if you decide to walk OVER this claymore then for **** sake dont PUNISH the guy when you die!

I was on karkand just now and was punished no less than FOUR times for team kills from claymores and then was eventually kicked for teamkilling.

People always ***** and moan when you punish them but then theyre the first to hit "punish" when someone kills them.

You dont LOSE any points from what i can gather from dying so why do people punish? im fast becoming fond of the team kill switched off servers now but karkands always seem to be switched on

I even typed in block capitals "I HAVE PLACED A CLAYMORE IN THE ENTRANCE TO THIS HOUSE BECAUSE I AM SNIPING FROM INSIDE IT....IF YOU WALK OVER IT YOU WILL DIE SO DO NOT PUNISH ME FOR A TEAMKILL!!!!"

and what do you know.....someone died....they punished...even after my about 4 warnings that a claymore was there.
                        Rofl, guess what, I never press forgive.

Comment

EDIT: Woops, lol ignore this

Comment

It does not make any diffrence if they forgive or punish you lose the same amount of points either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
                              Yeah same here, whats the actual radius on them. Does anyone have a pic of the radius or something?
                              I can't remember it off the top of my head, but www.secretsofbattlefield.com has it.

Comment

I'll admit I only read the top 3 paragraphs but don't care to hear the rest of your cries. I love people who punish jerks like you who turn this game into nothing but a gaymore whore rush. I bet you lob all your nades at one person too and call for a supply c8 or ammo guy to come by and replentish your stock only for it to all be used up with in a few seconds.

Don't want tks? Stop spamming gaymores.

Comment

Working...
                                X