Just some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some questions.

I am astill fairly new to BF2 and I have some questions so I thought I would post them all here just to get them sorted in one go.

1). I quite like going the SF guy but it's weird I've noticed on some servers you can sprint for what seems like miles whilst on others you can only sprint for a short distance. Is that possible if so why?

2). I've noticed quite a few strange occurances, I assume that script usage is quite rife in this game. The other day I eno****ered a guy who managed to go prone, roll, shoot and hit and kill me before he had even hit the ground. I assume this was a script if so what's the position on their usage?

3). Unlocks, I have gained two unlocks but I have picked up weapons from guys I have killed that I don;t seem to be able to find anywhere on the unlocks screen, what's the deal with that? The most noticable one is the Stinger missile launcher.

4). Finally is it actually possible to hit and kill a person in one shot with the sniper rifles?

Re: Just some questions.

1. Armored kits (assualt,support,anti tank) have shorter sprint distances
    2. No it just happens when you go prone and fire
    3. You can get extra unlocks with SF (expansion) or if someone with SF plays on your account but there is no Stinger missle launcher. the AT kit has an AT rocket though.
    4. Yes head shot

Comment

1. There are two types of servers. Infantry only and regular. Infantry only has more sprint time for all kits. In the kits themselve non-armored kits like Spec-Ops, Medic, Sniper, and Engineer can sprint longer.
      2. It is extremely easy to do various combinations of movement. Jump/prone, and strafe/prone are very common. It does not require a macro, just a player who knows what to do in infantry combat. You were probably seeing strafe prone which makes people roll to the ground in prone. You can shoot throughout the entire process.
      3. Special Forces playtime gives you a second tier of unlocks. Stinger missile launcher? WTF are you smoking.
      4. If an un-armored person is at 95% health or less a bolt action rifle will kill them. If an armored or un-armored person is at 95% health or less an M95 will kill them. If either one is at full health a head shot with any sniper rifle will kill them. The damage of a single bullet is multiplied by 3 with a headshot.

Cheers

Comment

2). I've noticed quite a few strange occurances, I assume that script usage is quite rife in this game. The other day I eno****ered a guy who managed to go prone, roll, shoot and hit and kill me before he had even hit the ground. I assume this was a script if so what's the position on their usage?
        Trust me, that will happen to you millions of times until you get a lot better at this game. It's called better reflexes and faster headshot aiming than you can imagine.

3). Unlocks, I have gained two unlocks but I have picked up weapons from guys I have killed that I don;t seem to be able to find anywhere on the unlocks screen, what's the deal with that? The most noticable one is the Stinger missile launcher.
        I'm guessing the 'stinger' you are thinking of is the RPG launcher, the main weapon of the anti-tank classes of the Rebel and Insurgent armies in the special forces expansion pack.

The damage of a single bullet is multiplied by 3 with a headshot.
        To be clear, this is true for any gun, not just the sniper rifles.

Comment

Ah ok, that answers all the questions. The only reason I mentioned the Stinger missile was because I saw another topic in these forums in which a guy was aksing if the Stinger launcher just sucked (something like that) so I assumed it was one of those unlocks I couldn't find.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
            Ah ok, that answers all the questions. The only reason I mentioned the Stinger missile was because I saw another topic in these forums in which a guy was aksing if the Stinger launcher just sucked (something like that) so I assumed it was one of those unlocks I couldn't find.
            Stingers are the ground mounted Anti-Air missile stations (You have man-portable stingers in mods, at least in PR)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
              To be clear, this is true for any gun, not just the sniper rifles.
              I know....

Comment

I was talking to The Laughing Man

Comment

Yup but hitting the head is so difficult, especially when there's a great big body bit to aim for.

Comment

^ well most guns have auto or semi auto fire so you can kill them just as quick by hitting their body instead of going for the head shot. If you think headshots with the sniper rifle are hard you just need practice.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                      ^ well most guns have auto or semi auto fire so you can kill them just as quick by hitting their body instead of going for the head shot. If you think headshots with the sniper rifle are hard you just need practice.
                      Yeah you will get better with sniper the more you use it, though its still hard to find that perfect lead when the player is running, because as your ping changes, so does how much you have to lead.

Comment

What helped me most so far has been starting a local server and just practicing to death. Not just the vehicle part either, but practicing the aiming and firing as well.

Choose a target (I like windshields myself) and fire at in in several positions - standing, crouching, prone. Try auto vs single shot. Try different weapons at different ranges and look at the spread pattern. Eventually you'll get an idea of where and how to aim each to hit the highest percentage of times.

Comment

Working...
                        X