Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniper kit wrong

Originally posted by Deathdealer247

Honestly, Cal .50 is a bit out of fashion. I think these days all the rage is in the 300 Win mags and the .338 Lapua. Cal .50 just doesnt have the muzzle velocity.
    Hahahahah, you're joking right?

While the .50 is still quite widely used, it is because it is overkill that it's on the way out.

The rifle itself is about twice as heavy as a .300 Win or a .338 Lap Mag. The round kicks the shooter too hard, it slows down follow ups, it is bloody heavy round for round, and it actually delivers more energy than is required.

As for muzzle velocity, you are talking crap.

The .338 Lap Mag will clock the highest, at around 3000fps.
    The .300 Win Mag will clock around 2900fps
    and the .50BMG runs at 2850fps.

That's plenty fast enough, and with a round that's 3-4 times heavier than the .300 Win or .338 Lap Mag.

As for the rifle thing, yes IRL snipers get a rifle, but it's the spotter that's generally carrying it. And they DO use claymores for protection. At least they did in Vietnam.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth Clobber
      Correction: MP5 and Uzi, and I dont think I would want to use the same gun a Terrorist uses.

ure quote is wrong

the quote says mp4 but his reply says mp5

Comment

Originally posted by MeNeZ
        I dont think Im comparing Pong to real life tennis. Im comparing apples with apples. I play Americas Army, Ghost Recon, Flashpoint, CS:Source, Condemmed and a host of other games.

I enjoy realism and BF2 is very realistic in alot of ways but the damage is unrealistic. On average it takes 7-8 hits with an assault rifle to kill. BF2 is a very cool game but becomes arcade with regards to the weapon damage, and when you use a 9mm like MP5 or pistol it gets worse.

All Im saying is they invest so much game realism in weapon models, sounds effets etc and then make it arcadee with the weapon damage.
        And? It's an arcade game it ain't America's Army it's a totally different game so we are not going to compare games with eachother here..

Indeed I can understand what your saying with the pistols and MP5 I find it strange that so many shots are required for a pistol but in the same way I like it.. It's a good finish-him-off weapon; Pistols in BF2 shouldn't be strong weapons or something..

On the MP7 I agree..

Comment

Yeah well, I like realism and sometimes it feels like I'm running around with a pea-shooter...

I'll just leave it at that, I know I could argue till I'm blue. They wont change the damage but it would be nice because like I said, this is a fairly realistic game and EA has done their homework so why not go all the way? To me, from my gaming & real-life experience, the damage is unrealistic and arcadee.

CS, AA & GRAW are realistic but BF2 is to a degree.

2 shot kills from a barrett, 4 from a Druganov, 7 from a G36/M4 is a joke.

Comment

Cs is not realistic

Comment

Yeah well, I like realism and sometimes it feels like I'm running around with a pea-shooter...

I'll just leave it at that, I know I could argue till I'm blue. They wont change the damage but it would be nice because like I said, this is a fairly realistic game and EA has done their homework so why not go all the way? To me, from my gaming & real-life experience, the damage is unrealistic and arcadee.

CS, AA & GRAW are realistic but BF2 is to a degree.

2 shot kills from a barrett, 4 from a Druganov, 7 from a G36/M4 is a joke.
              Try SWAT4, youll get your dose of realism from that game for sure. Try limping through the map with both legs busted, hands busted, aiming reticle stretching through the entire screen. That can piss a player off

Comment

I sometimes play Swat4 co-op at Lans, that game is very realistic and I enjoy it.

Its only annoying because we're used to being shot 17 times in the leg and still being able to run at full speed. In a deathmatch it makes it more interesting because you cant run like usual if wounded and have to change tactics.

Soldier of Fortune2 is also fun at LANs. But there, you lose your leg if you get shot in it...me likes

Call of Duty2 is also good with damage, 2 shots is all it should take max with a bolt action, often its one hit kills and I dig the way the AI fall on the floor and drag themselves to safety or try shoot back with their sidearm. => Thats realistic.

Yeah I guess CS is not the most realistic, I've shot a guy 9 times before and did 99 damage, that was annoying. But on average the pyhsics is quite good. And you get one shot kill sniper rifles like the AWP and less powerfull ones which take more shots to kill.

Have you seen a .50 cal round before? - The Barrett in BF2 should be one shot kill but maybe have limitiations. In real life snipers lay on ballistic mats because of the amount of dust and earth it kicks in the air. - Maybe have give away shots or slower reloads so one sniper doesnt pick off whole squads?

Comment

Yes, in real life a sniper carries a sniper rifle and a drag-bag with a standrd assault rifle in it. The spotter carries a sort of telescopic-zoom scope, and they take shifts sniping. The assault rifle is for stalknig and close-in battle.

Comment

Have you seen a .50 cal round before? - The Barrett in BF2 should be one shot kill but maybe have limitiations. In real life snipers lay on ballistic mats because of the amount of dust and earth it kicks in the air. - Maybe have give away shots or slower reloads so one sniper doesnt pick off whole squads?
                    The problem with this thinking is lots of the guns in BF2 would be one hit kills IRL.

It's generally considered that a single 7.62x51mm NATO round to the torso is enough to remove anyone from being combat capable, and generally requires them to be CASIVACK'd immediately or lose them.

The G3, the M24, the L96A1 and the Co Ax gun on the M1A1 all shoot these rounds. The SVD and the RPK shoot a slightly more powerful round, the 7.62x54mm R round so these rounds should also remove the player from combat if they get a solid chest hit.

Then you get things like the 5.56mm's. Even the M855 Greenie will fragment if it hits it's target going fast enough. At ranges you play in some of the maps (Karkand) you are almost in a CQB situation and the 5.56mm will hit like the hammer of Thor. While the Greenies long range ability is somewhat lacking, up close and personal the 5.56mm does loads of damage.

So basically the list of weapons that "should" kill in fewer shots is LOooooooong.

Shooting a Barrett shouldn't be all that hard. While I've never shot a Barrett before, I have shot a custom built .50 bolt action. The .50 doesn't kick much harder than a very strongly loaded 12 guage (think 3" magnum rounds) However I personally think they should have included a .338 Lap Mag gun instead of a .50. This would remove the call for "OMG It's a .50!!!! One SHOT KILLZORZ!@@!!!!!"

KBK

Comment

I know what you're saying. Pretty much all the guns should be one hit kills but what if on average it took 3-4 hits to kill with an assault rifle and one from the Barrett? - It is afterall an anti-armour/anti-material rifle. I think that would be more balanced.

I shot a .303 sniper rifle a little while back. It had slight recoil but deadly accurate. One shot with that would game over and its a WW2 gun.

I think GRAW has the damage down well, except I have heard of cops sometimes emptying a clip of 9mm into a suspect and he still able to run away or fight back and only die later...if it misses all the major organs and spinal column. But a rifle is another story.

On BF2 I often find as engineer, even at close range its about half a clip per-person. If you have 3 peeps running for you then better ready with your 9 or nades

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
                        Hahahahah, you're joking right?

As for muzzle velocity, you are talking crap. ......................

As for the rifle thing, yes IRL snipers get a rifle, but it's the spotter that's generally carrying it. And they DO use claymores for protection. At least they did in Vietnam.

KBK
                        Yup, you are very correct in that the overkill is out. There is probably a way to reduce the felt recoil further via something akin to system in the NWT-20.
                        Also, the .50Cal were just to big to lug around.

I've always read that the .338 came out of a project to find a round that out perform the .308. It did but didnt meet project criteria. Somehow I've always remember the .50 was around 800mfs and the .338 as close to 1000mfs. Hence I've always imagines it as a lumbering round compare to the .338.

Of course, shooting the .50 through the CIWS and the TC remote kinda skewed the perception...........somehow it always seems a bit "Thump thump thump" compare to the "CraaacccK" I get from firing bolt guns.

Regarding the spotter rifle, its a follow up of the original post I made in this thread on page 2.

Oh yea, the munition they use to delay pursuits is kinda like a FASCAM submunition called M86 PDM. Here's the link http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/pdm.htm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumintiger
                          1. Snipers don't have C4, you just don't know one weapon from another.

2. They PROBABLY will not be seen carrying an AK47 around. Maybe they would carry the MP5 or other tiny submachinegun.

3. Binoculars are in the files, mod them into the game yourself.

4. IRL J10's don't rule the sky

5. IRL the Chinese don't use AK47s.

6. IRL blah blah blah. So much unrealism in BF2, don't ask for realism in it. Play PRMM if you want realism.
                          u cud get binoculars how unlees u have PR?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumintiger
                            1. Snipers don't have C4, you just don't know one weapon from another.

2. They PROBABLY will not be seen carrying an AK47 around. Maybe they would carry the MP5 or other tiny submachinegun.

3. Binoculars are in the files, mod them into the game yourself.

4. IRL J10's don't rule the sky

5. IRL the Chinese don't use AK47s.

6. IRL blah blah blah. So much unrealism in BF2, don't ask for realism in it. Play PRMM if you want realism.
                            u know what if u dont think i could tell one wepon from another give me a list of pictures i could name all of them and what the **** do u know about snipers ive done research i have seen them carry assault rifles like m16s and m4s

Comment

Originally posted by drunken sailor
                              ya they do have ak47 the russians sold them the rights to make them...
                              Kalashnikov himself would challenge that statement to his grave!

The Chinese copied the design like they did damn near everything else they have that wasn't purchased directly from Russia or their respective countries

Originally posted by Kayback
                              The G3, the M24, the L96A1 and the Co Ax gun on the M1A1 all shoot these rounds. The SVD and the RPK shoot a slightly more powerful round, the 7.62x54mm R round so these rounds should also remove the player from combat if they get a solid chest hit.

KBK
                              RPK's were made in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39...a few RPK's in 5.56mm(not Russian) No 7.62x54 RPK exists. I think you meant to say the PK/PKM instead of RPK.

Comment

snipers also work in pairs of 2 people a spotter and a shooter... would you like to control 2 people when you become the sniper...

Comment

Working...
                                X