• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK it's been bugging me...

WWII Perhaps?

Comment

is it a M1A1 Abram Or M1A2 in the game, i just wann know so i can alter my local files acordingly

Originally posted by Darth_Brandis View Post
      WWII Perhaps?
      3 years ****ing late

Comment

i personally dealt with this issue by modding

in my mod

the tnaks shell goes the proper velocity, does usually 1-2 hit kills on enemy tanks. i might make it more but i fell thats the sweet spot.

hit to the front does 30 percent damage

hit to the side 60-70

hit to the top or rear = your going to be counting respawn seconds. same goes for missiles.

i think i tweaked damage on the treads too.

i was playing operation hydra(and i gave the bots a special mesh made by satnav so smoke stops them from shooting through it. its awsome. tank battles of 5 m1a2 vs 6 t90 trading fire from 400-200 meters and then engaging in close in the city streets. tanks usually getting poped in one or two hits(bots have a tendancy to hit the magic spot killing in one hit) but its nice. and with realistic dust and muzzel effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_995 View Post
          is it a M1A1 Abram Or M1A2 in the game, i just wann know so i can alter my local files acordingly

3 years ****ing late
          1. It is an M1A2 in the game.
          2. Your not serious about the second part are you? If so, you are very shallow and do not have a good grasp of history.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
            1. It is an M1A2 in the game.
            2. Your not serious about the second part are you? If so, you are very shallow and do not have a good grasp of history.

Cheers
            im not seroius about the second part just joking around.

trying to get some humor into the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Keiros View Post
              I thought they had artillery and air bombers for distant targets.
              tanks are basically artillery pieces with wheels

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                Yes, but you have to balance the game between realism and fun. And i think that the way EA have made the Abrams is good.
                Quite true if they had made it up to specs to the real version no one would be able to kill you and that just wouldnt be fun for anybody.

Comment

Make all the vehicles and weapons in this game as realistic as possible and infantry would be doomed. Its just not a military that puts the average grunt up front anymore. Technology has evolved a whole lot faster than us humans have.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                    tanks are basically artillery pieces with wheels
                    No, "artillery with weels" is artillery with weels. Like this German Howitzer:

A tank is a tracked armoured combat vehicle designed to engage enemies head-on, using direct fire from a large-caliber gun and supporting fire from machine guns, wikipedia says.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
                      Yes, I know, beating the **** out of third world countries is fun. Sorry, I had to.

Tanks DO have that range in BF2, it's just that you can't see that far. in Project Reality you can
                      No kidding, coolbeans, is that a single player/ not ranked Mod ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java View Post
                        No kidding, coolbeans, is that a single player/ not ranked Mod ??
                        It's a multiplayer (but there are sp maps too) Mod with its own ranking system.

Comment

OK men, have PR now and the Tanks are much better :yay: , really the whole game rocks starting to get OIF flashbacks:hmm:

:salute:

Comment

im an armoured soldier in the Canadian forces...
                            I drive the Coyote AFV Which is the updated version of the Lav-25.

I can assure you that it is nothing like the Lav-25 in game. It has more armour, the 25mm chaingun is capable of firing 3 round bursts, and it moves pretty damn fast. Also with the lav-25 and Coyote, the canno is uber accurate, with rounds not dropping until over the 2000m mark. also the coyote takes a 4 man crew to opperate..

anyway.. like the rest said.. this combat system is far from realistic, and is made purely for the fun factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java View Post
                              OK men, have PR now and the Tanks are much better :yay: , really the whole game rocks starting to get OIF flashbacks:hmm:

:salute:
                              Sweet :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java
                                I am a Tank Commander in the US ARMY, and the M1A1 tanks on BF2 are more than a little off in realism. Now, I don't expect a "tank sim" on the game,that just won't happen, got it. But when I weapon system like the M1A1 lobs a round short within 500-600 meters is ridiculous, the thing can shoot out to 4000 meters, and is deadly out 2600 meters, without magnification:hmm: , and last I checked A LAV, BRDM, or anything cannot kill a tank so easily. It actually takes multiple rounds from another M1A1 to kill it. Come DICE I know you can do better!!

:salute: Kaffi Java
                                Download Project Reality and play on Kashtan desert. I think you can see stuff 950 meters away And the map is HUUUUUUUUGE!!

And just wait till you hear the tank firing sound... Damn i love it

www.realitymod.com Download PR 0.6

Comment

Working...
                                X