OK it's been bugging me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK it's been bugging me...

I am a Tank Commander in the US ARMY, and the M1A1 tanks on BF2 are more than a little off in realism. Now, I don't expect a "tank sim" on the game,that just won't happen, got it. But when I weapon system like the M1A1 lobs a round short within 500-600 meters is ridiculous, the thing can shoot out to 4000 meters, and is deadly out 2600 meters, without magnification:hmm: , and last I checked A LAV, BRDM, or anything cannot kill a tank so easily. It actually takes multiple rounds from another M1A1 to kill it. Come DICE I know you can do better!!

:salute: Kaffi Java

Re: OK it's been bugging me...

Yes, but you have to balance the game between realism and fun. And i think that the way EA have made the Abrams is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java
      I am a Tank Commander in the US ARMY
      Cool. What does a tank commander do?

Btw, a BF2 tank capable of deadly shots at 2600 meters and which can hardly be destroyed by apcs and anti-tanks.. well, don't you think it would be a little unbalanced?

Comment

yep, my eyes are so bad in bf2, can see only for like 400 meters

Comment

Now, I don't expect a "tank sim" on the game,that just won't happen, got it.
          :salute: Kaffi Java
          Well there you have it. If dice improved the realism of the tanks they would pretty much have to change just about everything other aspect of the game, for the sake of balance. Having played battlefield since the 1942 game to bfvietnam and a bunch of mods and expansions in between I can tell you that the BF series is not at all about being even close to reality: it's about having bags of FUN with loads of vehicles on big maps. Reality is used as a 'backdrop' for the game but the essence of it is in its playfulness.
          You play Call of Duty 2, you think war is horrific and ugly.
          You play BF2, and you think war is fun.

Comment

Heck, EA hasn't changed the imbalance of the Jets which ruin the 'fun' on every map that has them, why would they change the Tanks?

Comment

All good points, just being a tanker, it's easier to complain, harder to accept, after all it's nick name is "Desert Scorpion":evil:
              And yes, in a sick demented way, knowing what I do, BF2 is a blast, thats why I play. It's my way to relax after the BS of new young soldiers has taken it's toll on me. hehehehe
              Keiros, I simply cooridinate the crew during combat, but the gunner is by far the most important on the tank. As, far as the 2600m unbalanced thing, isn't that was is so cool about our military tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java View Post
                As, far as the 2600m unbalanced thing, isn't that was is so cool about our military tanks.
                Yes, I know, beating the **** out of third world countries is fun. Sorry, I had to.

Tanks DO have that range in BF2, it's just that you can't see that far. in Project Reality you can

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java View Post
                  Keiros, I simply cooridinate the crew during combat
                  So you're the guy yelling things.
                  but the gunner is by far the most important on the tank.
                  And this is the guys loading the big gun with big big shells.
                  As, far as the 2600m unbalanced thing, isn't that was is so cool about our military tanks
                  I thought the cool thing was air conditioning and minibar. Anyway, what do you need a 2 and half km range for?

Comment

^^ for taking out targets that far?

and theres a bunch of other unbalanced things in BF2 but its all there for balanace. like the M95 needing 2 shots to kill someone even w/o body armor

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                      ^^ for taking out targets that far?
                      I thought they had artillery and air bombers for distant targets.

Comment

Try Project Reality, there you have 'optics' and you can zoom in with the tank. Plus the maps are huge and you can see far far away. You can even get in to the tank only thru the hatch, and it needs driver and gunner (you can switch seats thou). Also 2 types of munition is used, you can use SABOT and HEAT, 20 rounds of each and reload is bit more realistic. :yay:

Comment

The M1A1 has so much armor in RL for one reason:to compensate for lag out in the desert cause the maps are so big and everything, you gotta like overclock to run stuff on high there (and the respawns take FOREVER).

BF2 is not a realism game, should not be a realism game, and hopefully will never be close to a realism game (in future BF releases). Can you heal real life M1A1's with a magic wrench? Can you use a chinsy pair of defribs to revive someone with a .50 cal in their head? No, but you can in BF2.

Cheers

P.S.

It actually takes multiple rounds from another M1A1 to kill it.
                          :shock: Aren't all the M1A1's on the same side?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Keiros View Post
                            I thought the cool thing was air conditioning and minibar. Anyway, what do you need a 2 and half km range for?

So when we're saving countries, like your countries ***, we can do it from a distance.

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3
                              when we're saving countries
                              When?

Comment

Working...
                              X