No announcement yet.

Annoyed with spotting Fix?/Workaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoyed with spotting Fix?/Workaround?

Its annoying when you go to spot an enemy and it isnt exact enough so you end up spamming chat with "enemy spotting" and a question mark on the map instead of the enemy you were trying to spot.

Need to be a way that if you are spotting and dont get it right it doesnt do ANYTHING... that way when you DO spot something maybe people will look. I hate spamming the chat but love spotting things out.

Also - has anyone notice that when a vehicle has multiple people in it you cant spot it as a vehicle? It just says "enemy spotted"... also annoying

Re: Annoyed with spotting Fix?/Workaround?

no fix, no workaround. Battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by catskill View Post
      Its annoying when you go to spot an enemy and it isnt exact enough so you end up spamming chat with "enemy spotting" and a question mark on the map instead of the enemy you were trying to spot.

Need to be a way that if you are spotting and dont get it right it doesnt do ANYTHING... that way when you DO spot something maybe people will look. I hate spamming the chat but love spotting things out.

Also - has anyone notice that when a vehicle has multiple people in it you cant spot it as a vehicle? It just says "enemy spotted"... also annoying
      Have not had a problem spotting a full vehicle, but the other spotting problem with the question marks does get annoying. I hate how I can literally be touching something like a enemy jet or tank and still fail to spot it.

Comment

It's funny how it's so awkward like that, but yet you can be on Dalian coast spotting individuals on the carrier. Always makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
          It's funny how it's so awkward like that, but yet you can be on Dalian coast spotting individuals on the carrier. Always makes me laugh.
          pre 1.2 the spot range was only about 200 yards, they patched it to be i believe unlimited range, but once again borcked it but not being able to spot an enemy near a dead one. and not being able to spot through fences i mean wtf. i can see the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by catskill View Post

Thats why you right click spotted and select what you want, better than a question mark even if it does stay in the same position

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
              Thats why you right click spotted and select what you want, better than a question mark even if it does stay in the same position
              Enemy boat spotted! :yay:

Comment

I like it when you click spotted and it does nothing at all.

Comment

If it doesnt work the first time I just go and kill them so there is nothing to spot.

Comment

Yeah, I tag everything so that my team mates run to kill it, but by the time they get there, my enemies are already being teabagged. By me. Suckers.

Comment

I'm very happy with the current spotting system, which lets me press "spotted" on areas I can't see well where I suppose the enemy to be, and actually get their location and movements for a few secs. It's like having a radar hack without the radar hack.

Comment

I've never had a problem with the spotting, works great for me... \=

Comment

Working...
                        X