Does anyone shoot while standing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone shoot while standing?

I use a dolphin dive fake (to get them on the ground) and then a circle strafe. Also a strafe to crouch (just tap crouch quickly) and then strafe to prone roll and immediately back up works. Sometimes you can get behind somebody with a jump and a turn, then crouch and fire and when they turn around (still prone), you get out of crouch and strafe and fire. But, never immediately go prone.

Cheers

Comment

Whenever I circle I end up dead, probably because I end up crouching in front of their head.

Comment

i do sometimes

Comment

i like it when people prone in front of em,then they get a rocket to the head couresy of me,then the sweet part comes and the medic cant revive him and stays there for 4 seconds trying to revive(if ur hit by rocket u CANT be revived)then i nail the medic to ;p

Comment

Thank god most people go prone... makes sniping so easy.

Comment

I actually shoot while jumping. That's why I refuse to install the new patches!

Comment

I only use grenade launchers when standing up, and I just don`t wanna use unlocks, they look crap and just don`t feel right. Shooting someone in the face with a default is much better. Too bad the gun mechanics in BF2 suck complete balls so I pretty much bunnyhop my way out or noobtube close range, everything else I do prone and crouching. But even then I get sniped by pistols after wasting a mag into someone.

Comment

I stand or crouch to spot, then I either prone or crouch depending on whether I need the extra accuracy/concealment.

Comment

all depends

like last night on warlord, had an RPK

all i do is crazy jumping strafing and crouching, must look quite funny really

but as for shooting while standing i do it an awful lot

say i'm behind sandbags or something, or a tree and theres an enme proning trying to shoot me, i'll just constantly got from prone to standing with a bit of movement to the left or right, with my firing timed with the second of standing then proning again i'm up for the limited amount of time, most no0bs dont move while prone so i have pretty much 0s wasted on target acquistion.

works best for me doing that with AK/M16 (burst)/L85 (semi)

Comment

I will if the situation warrants it.

Comment

Crouching, moving strategically (in all 3 dimensions) and firing in controlled bursts (or if you're using the M16, clicking like mad) is what I do, and gives you the best chance to either get a kill, or get out of there alive.

Going prone severely decreases your mobility, and leaves you a sitting duck for the rest of the guy you just killed's squad to get a free pistol kill and revive their teammate.

What some people forget about, is that while getting a kill depletes an enemy ticket and gets you 2 points, getting killed yourself depletes a friendly ticket and gives the enemy 2 points.

Oh, and in terms of that. Vs to whoever came up with the idea that using grenades/GL in CQC is "un-sportsman like". It's war, not a frikkin game of gentlemen's cricket.

Comment

I only snoot standing up with shotties. Its pointless lying down with those things.

Comment

i rarely stand up, but i crouch more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                              I only snoot standing up with shotties. Its pointless lying down with those things.
                              no its not, because people with that mentality dont expect me to go prone with my DAO, gets them a cropper

Comment

I always thought you should shoot with your rifle at your hip, at a full sprint with your knife in your mouth screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the whole time like in the movies

Comment

Working...
                                X