Freezes on Account Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezes on Account Login

Every time I login with any account I have made, it continues to state that it is connecting to the account server, which it never does (we're talkin' about 30 minutes here, I've been way too patient). Hardware is all top notch, all udp and necessary tcp ports are open.

Please point me in a proper direction here, this is ridiculous to have to go through all this to play a game. =/

Re: Freezes on Account Login

firewall? BG tasks? never know

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
      firewall? BG tasks? never know
      No firewall. I am behind a physical firewall (NAT), but I opened the proper ports.

Background tasks, I mean... it really wouldn't phase my machine by any stretch of the imagination (system memory and processing wise) but no, nothing is in conflict.

Any other ideas would be amazing.

Comment

not sure since ive never had this problem but i think what u have to do is ...when u get into ur account, go to multiplayer --> favorites and delete all the servers that are red.

i think its becuz when its connecting to account server, its also looking for ur favorite servers and the ones in red usually mean theyre offline and that takes time to search for :P

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          not sure since ive never had this problem but i think what u have to do is ...when u get into ur account, go to multiplayer --> favorites and delete all the servers that are red.

i think its becuz when its connecting to account server, its also looking for ur favorite servers and the ones in red usually mean theyre offline and that takes time to search for :P
          I appreciate the help, and the effort you placed into writing such a message, but here's the deal. I have NEVER logged onto any of the accounts I have made. How would I delete favorites or whatever if I can't logon?

I'm not going to rant, but just please read the entire content supplied before posting.

Many thanks.

Comment

Delete this...
            C:\Documents and Settings\Ewan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles

Maybe even just delete this.....
            C:\Documents and Settings\Ewan\My Documents\Battlefield 2

If you still cant logon, and your sure firewall settings are sound you may have to reinstall BF2........ If your gonna go that far just do a fresh windows install
            Dont take long and is a breath of fresh air. I do it every 6months max :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Night735 View Post
              Delete this...
              C:\Documents and Settings\Ewan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles

Maybe even just delete this.....
              C:\Documents and Settings\Ewan\My Documents\Battlefield 2

If you still cant logon, and your sure firewall settings are sound you may have to reinstall BF2........ If your gonna go that far just do a fresh windows install
              Dont take long and is a breath of fresh air. I do it every 6months max :nod:

Actually, he doesn't need to delete all of that. In each profile, open up General.con and delete each line that says at the start "GeneralSettings.addFavouriteServer" (don't delete the favourites that you KNOW are perfectly working and show up as green in the server browser).

Also do it for each line that has server history, I forgot the cvar but you need to delete the recently visited servers.

Basically, BF2 pings each and every server in your favourites & history, and sometimes these servers are shut down. When that happens, the game waits around 30 seconds to 2 minutes before restoring control.

On this note, f*ck DICE for their stupidity. It's like training someone to wait for a bus even when that bus route closes down.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                Actually, he doesn't need to delete all of that. In each profile, open up General.con and delete each line that says at the start "GeneralSettings.addFavouriteServer" (don't delete the favourites that you KNOW are perfectly working and show up as green in the server browser).

Also do it for each line that has server history, I forgot the cvar but you need to delete the recently visited servers.

Basically, BF2 pings each and every server in your favourites & history, and sometimes these servers are shut down. When that happens, the game waits around 30 seconds to 2 minutes before restoring control.

On this note, f*ck DICE for their stupidity. It's like training someone to wait for a bus even when that bus route closes down.
                I greatly appreciate all the replies, and helpful suggestions, etc. But the thing is, I have never logged into any of these accounts before, since I just got the game. (No past accounts, etc.) Hell, it froze when creating the account, restarted the game, there it was, tried to login = failure. So nothing to delete within favorites or history. Guess I'll just delete the profiles for fun, not like it matters, not going to lose anything since they're new. Any other ideas would be great, b/c the same thing happened with me a while back with my Win XP comp when trying to play the demo. =/

I'll be sure to post my status!

Oh, by the by, that didn't work. And as per Night735, booting back into Gentoo is a breath of fresh air for me. Unix weenie ftw.

Fixed.

Problem?
                Vista.

Resolution?
                Run as administrator (even though I currently am the administrator, but that extra function when right clicking the original executable did the trick).

Cheers,
                glj12

Comment

Working...
                X