graphics problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics problem

Ever since i reinstalled BF2 i am getting strange graphical problems.They are hexagon black shapes all over the terrain.

Im running a 22" widescreen monitor with the following

AMD 5000+x2 AM2
    4 gig corsair MXS DDR2 6400 memory
    8800GTX card.

For some reason i can find the correct screen resolution.Could this be the problem?My monitor runs at 1680x1050.But no matter what ingame res i run i always get the problem.

Mark

Re: graphics problem

You could try to insert the path option for the resolution

in otherwords right click on the shortcut you use to start BF2... then at the end of the Target string add a different resolution.
    like: +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Also what graphics driver version are you running cause the 8xxxseries cards are funny with certain drivers with some hardware..nobodys performs the same so might have to try another.

Comment

I am running the latest nvidia drivers.And i am already running that shortcut.I kinda forgot i did that already.

Mark

Comment

Try re-optimizing your shaders. Do this by deleting them out of the folder found in my documents. It doesn't look like a case of overheating fortunately.

Comment

Which folder are they in?I have found my BF2 folder in my documents.But there are several sub-folders in that.Also i have noticed,the shapes are only showing on rough ground(ie grass or dirt)the roads dont show them

Cheers Mark

Comment

Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

Delete them, and they will be recreated next time you load a map.

Comment

If anything its gone worse.Guess im on for a full reinstall... Is that all my add ons and PR mod aswell?

Mark

Comment

yup, looks like it. Try reinstalling graphics drivers first and removing the original ones thoroughly.

Comment

@ sapper: nope, just re-install vanilla bfs and your mods will still be able to play.

someone please correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapper_Mark View Post
                    I am running the latest nvidia drivers.And i am already running that shortcut.I kinda forgot i did that already.

Mark

when you say latest video drivers what is the version number?

Comment

Working...
                    X