Punkbuster Problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster Problems....

I tried joining a couple K&P servers today, and ALSO tried joining a couple regular ranked servers and got this message right after my first "spawn"

Now I've never tried any hacks or changed anything in my BF2 Directory. Just started giving me this error today.

Can anyone decipher what it means or what I need to do to get back to playing? Any help would be greatly appreciated

CCC

Re: Punkbuster Problems....

DO you have Administrator Priveleges on your OS?

Comment

are tehre any accouts on ur computer? and viruses recently?

Comment

Just ran my AVG and Eiwedos spyware and virus scanners. It got rid of one virus that was on my pc. I also went ahead and updated PunkBuster just for the hell of it. I ran BF2 and it still has the problem....going to do a short system restore point and see if that helps.

thx
        CCC

edit....and yes i do have the administrative rights on my comp. No other users exist.

Comment

wat kindof virus did u get? i had a vx2 type virus and it ripped up my registry and my admin o/s privelages

Comment

This is what PB has to say for that kick,

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
            Seeing as you said you are already running as admin, that rules that part out. Have you installed any new sercurity apps like what they list? If so that could/should be the cause of it.

Comment

Hey guys...got it working, i think a friend got the virus the other day when he created account...*i told him not to tough the shiny blue lighted case....but he didn't listen *

Comment

Working...
              X