BF2 runs like crap ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 runs like crap ....

Take a look at my sig. I lag like hell too even though I got 2 7800 gtx's. I remember EA recommending 6800 for high settings like 2 years ago. WTF? What the heck is going on? If you find a solution to the lag please let me know.

BTW, drivers have never increased my performance no matter which ones I use ranging from tweaked to beta to official.

My ingame settings: 1680 x 1050, 4xAA, All high, Dynamic Light and Shadows: Medium.

P.S. When I am in a server of 64 players compared to that of 24 I lag like hell. When there are less players the game is smooth and all.

My internet speed: dl - 1.5mbps & ul - 1mbps

Originally posted by BPCrusher01
    You have a hardware issue of some sort. I usually run 96-100fps with mine maxed. Back off the timings on the RAM, maybe to a 1.5 or 2T then maybe 2-2-2-4, and check the slots that they are supposed to be in to run in dual-channel mode (probably slots 1 and 3).

Also, that chip is supposed to run at 2.0 GHz. Your overclock may have something to do with it.
    How many fps are you getting with that set up? I am going for 8800 gts 640mb pretty soon. Thank you.

Comment

Does even BF2 support SLI setup ? or does it still uses only 1 videocard ?

Comment

Try this.......
        MSconfig: This is a great program built into Windows XP. Most people should know about it, and how to use it, but I'll include it in here anyways.

1. Click on "Start" -> Then click on "Run" and type in "MSCONFIG" and hit "Enter"
        2. Put the bullet into "Selective Startup"
        3. Uncheck "Process Win.ini" "Process System.ini" "Load Startup Items". Don't worry about any other check boxes.
        4. Click on the "Services" tab
        5. Check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services"
        6. Click on "Disable All"
        7. Click Ok at the bottom and restart your computer. This will prevent many items from loading when windows starts.

After restart check the 'dont tell me again' tab and OK
        Later you can add stuff YOU NEED to run by adding to startup!
        Happy gaming

Dont flame before you try it

Comment

Originally posted by Night735 View Post
          Try this.......
          MSconfig: This is a great program built into Windows XP. Most people should know about it, and how to use it, but I'll include it in here anyways.

1. Click on "Start" -> Then click on "Run" and type in "MSCONFIG" and hit "Enter"
          2. Put the bullet into "Selective Startup"
          3. Uncheck "Process Win.ini" "Process System.ini" "Load Startup Items". Don't worry about any other check boxes.
          4. Click on the "Services" tab
          5. Check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services"
          6. Click on "Disable All"
          7. Click Ok at the bottom and restart your computer. This will prevent many items from loading when windows starts.

After restart check the 'dont tell me again' tab and OK
          Later you can add stuff YOU NEED to run by adding to startup!
          Happy gaming

Dont flame before you try it
          That's NOT a good fix.

For instance, AVAST runs as a service, as do most security/firewall programs. nVidia's drivers partly run through services. Many things do. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. And I DID have a 7600GT running the game very nicely. You can lighten up on the AA, that should jack up your framerates a fair bit.

Comment

BF2 does support SLI but from my own personal experience it does not benefit from it. You might get a couple of xtra fps but during sli fps tends to drop more occasionally than just single gpu. I even disabled sli and saw that fps drops were less compared to sli enabled.

Comment

Working...
            X